PDA

View Full Version : Can my TiVo run TyStudio?

mlindley
08-07-2003, 03:37 PM
The main thing I'm interested in doing with hacking my TiVo is to be able to get Video off the TiVo onto my PC.

I have a Series 2 Standalone Unit currently running 4.0-01.2.240

I followed some Tutorials in trying to get a bash before I realized what OS version I have. I was trying to run the 3.1.0 to 3.1.U5 stuff, and couldn't get it to boot.

I think I have found a tutorial that starts off with having a 4.0 OS that can get me to a Bash, but before I mess with doing that, I want to make sure that the software I want to run (or at least the end result of having a Movie File on my PC from TiVo) is possible at the present time with the unit that I have.

Thanks for any help.

kac
08-10-2003, 11:58 PM
This is still being perfected the details can be found in the Tivo Extraction Forum...

In order to do this you will likely need to monte your series 2 to enable the bash prompt...

I have been considering doing this, however until people get more comfortable hacking the sa series 2 and more hacks are refined for 4.0, I see little reason to do anything other than enable the backdoor mode and expand the HD which I have already done...

Let me know how you fair obtaining the bash prompt. I spent about 8 hours on this today and ended up reverting back to my original drive as from searching numerous forums, it seems that most of the hacks have not been refined for the SA S2 w/4.0.

Good Luck!