PDA

View Full Version : xtrme 2.5.2 not working correctly?

newbiepower
08-09-2003, 04:15 PM
OK I have just install xtreme 2.5.2 and everything work fine until I try to recorded a movies, it say I have not connected to a phone line, the last call was august 8 and last try on the 9th, now my tivo part of my reciever dont work? What should I do? Should I plug it back in the phone line again? I dont have any phone jack near by?

thanks

PS I thought the xtreme 2.5.2 prevent the call out? or is my access card mess up?

captain_video
08-09-2003, 08:58 PM
You need to run a script on the DTivo called fixsub.tcl. It's part of 2.5Xtreme and I assume it's included in the 2.5.2Xtreme image as well, assuming you installed the full 2.5.2Xtreme image and did not upgrade to 2.5.2 from 2.5Xtreme. You'll need to connect to your DTivo using a serial cable and TeraTerm to perform the necessary steps. When you get the bash prompt, type in:

touch /etc/SubTest

and then press Enter. Make sure you type it in exactly as shown with a single space between touch and /etc/SubTest. Also make sure the words are capitalized as shown as Linux is case sensitive. Now go to your Phone Setup screen and force a daily call without the phone line connected. When it's done you should check the System Information screen. The Tivo service status should indicate a 5 for lifetime service and the last call status should indicate that it was successful.