PDA

View Full Version : sat t60 question

HDTV MAN
08-12-2003, 07:49 PM
this, i would guess to be a newbie question....

but i'm thinking of buying a sat t60 and need to ask a question.

can you buy a used sat t60 and add the lifetime membership???

thanks

HD:confused:

captain_video
08-12-2003, 09:32 PM
There is a hack that allows you to set up your DTivo without the use of a phone line. The purpose for this hack is to prevent any unwanted software downloads from wiping out any hacks or scripts that have been installed on the DTivo. The only legitimate requirement for having a phone connected to your DTivo is for software downloads and to upload any PPV purchase info for billing purposes. You can order PPVs from the DTV website so there's no other reason to have a phone line connected. The guide data is dowloaded from the satellites so that's no an issue as it is with SA Tivos.

The NOPHONE hack fools the DTivo into believing it has made a successful daily call which is how it circumvents the phone requirement. If you look in the system information screen, the current Tivo status is indicated as a 5 for lifetime status. This is where the "lifetime sub" hack is derived from. You'll still need to pay for the DVR service from DTV when you sub to any DTV package. It's only $4.99/month for as many DTivos as you want to add to your account. You also need to pay an additional $4.99/month receiver mirroring fee for each DTivo you have on the account. It's still a pretty good deal when you consider a DTivo has dual tuners and you only have to pay for one.

You can add the NOPHONE hack by installing 2.5Xtreme and then upgrading to version 2.5.2 with Superzap's upgrade. The NOPHONE hack is part of the xPlusz program included with the upgrade.

mrblack51
08-13-2003, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by HDTV MAN
this, i would guess to be a newbie question....

but i'm thinking of buying a sat t60 and need to ask a question.

can you buy a used sat t60 and add the lifetime membership???

thanks

HD:confused:

hopefully, you are asking about a legit sub. yes, you can buy a used sat-t60 or any other used reciever, then pay for the lifetime sub.