PDA

View Full Version : Wanted ..... a professional "DirecTiVohacker" :)

MonsieurEd
08-13-2003, 10:07 AM
This is the situation ....

I am getting a new DirecTiVo (not sure which model yet - either a new S2 or a used S1). I no longer have the time or patience to do any of the hacks. I did my standalone but just don't want to deal with it anymore. Bad eyes, old age etc :).

Is there anyone I can supply a virgin 120(?) gig drive to who will basically do what Weaknees does (create a "plug and play" drop in "A" drive) but with all the important hacks installed. Primarily I want TiVoNet drivers, FTP, Telnet etc plus any other goodies around plus a backup on CD. Obviously I would pay for this service.

This would be an "A drive replacement" and not a second drive. I'd keep my current A drive as a backup. More then likely it would be a new Series 2 unless someonce could convince me why I should spend MORE and get a used series 1.

Thanks ....
Ed

You may PM me here ....

If you feel this post is too off topic feel free to move or delete it.

captain_video
08-13-2003, 10:48 AM
Hacking a series 1 DTivo doesn't take much time and it's so darn easy it's almost embarassing. Here's a tutorial I created with detailed instructions for installing 2.5Xtreme and then upgrading to 2.5.2. If you can spare the time to install a new drive in your DTivo then you can do the upgrades yourself. I realize that some of us have busy schedules and it's hard to find time for extra activities but if you've got time to watch your recorded shows you've got time to do the hacks.