PDA

View Full Version : T60 vs dsr6000 vs series2(dtivo)

TangyXTC
08-13-2003, 07:18 PM
Ive finally gave in to tivo and decided to purchase a Directv Tivo combo. Ive read alot on hacking the tivos and now I think im ready to purchase one. I already have dtv.

Just want opinions on the different units. I am leading more towards the T60, but its hard to get for a good deal. What do you think?

captain_video
08-13-2003, 07:44 PM
The T60 and DSR6000 are identical except for the faceplate and remote control. For some reason people think Sonys are worth more and pay top dollar for them. Personally, I've had too many bad experiences with Sony products. I think their reliability sucks as well as their warranty (one of the worst in the industry), but that's just my opinion. I'm sure you'll find others that think Sony is the greatest thing around.

The series 2 DTivos are harder and more involved to hack and you can't do as much with them at the moment. I've also heard that some of the earlier models have had problems and that a lot of them have been recalled, although somewhat silently (i.e. they won't let on there's a problem but they'll exchange your unit if you report one).

CPotato
08-14-2003, 01:08 PM
I have both and they are exactly the same.. the only real differences as mentioned is the remote.. I like the sony remote better. The buttons on the sony remote seems to be the logical order... or maybe I'm just use to it?... its the same so if you can save a few bucks get the phillips!