PDA

View Full Version : Dtivo insert new card

xobitx
08-15-2003, 07:55 PM
I have a hughes series 1 with extremem 2.5 installed using a hu card all was fine and now I get a message to replace access card with new one when i havent recieved a new card. The screen gets blacked out and I can hear but not see or record tv just the message to replcae card. I checked to see if it forced an update but still show 2.5.

mrblack51
08-15-2003, 08:10 PM
call dtv and tell them to send you youre replacement card, and credit you back for today

xobitx
08-16-2003, 12:46 PM
I dont have a sub with the tivo. I just have a normal sub and I use a card reader to tranfer to the tivos card. If I call them they will send me a p4 card and I will have to pay the $5 a mo for tivo service. Is there a log file or something I can delete or will unplugging and removing the battery reset this situation. Or if I upgraded to 3.1 and used the old boot299 could I use my p3 and not get this message. I did call them on my account to see if I had been sent a new card and they said no but I would in the near future.

mrblack51
08-16-2003, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by xobitx
I dont have a sub with the tivo. I just have a normal sub and I use a card reader to tranfer to the tivos card. If I call them they will send me a p4 card and I will have to pay the $5 a mo for tivo service. Is there a log file or something I can delete or will unplugging and removing the battery reset this situation. Or if I upgraded to 3.1 and used the old boot299 could I use my p3 and not get this message. I did call them on my account to see if I had been sent a new card and they said no but I would in the near future.

so, you are stealing dtv service. on top of that, you are stealing tivo service. now you want us to help troubleshoot as to why your unit is telling you to upgrade your hacked card...where do i start?

xobitx
08-16-2003, 01:19 PM
How about you keep your opinions to yourself all I ever see is you taking the high road. If I wanted an opinion I will ask for one I just want info. You yourself are just as liable legaly as me if you hack the tivo at all, read the DMCA. I pay for service and I dont see paying more, they already are making more than there service is worth. They get 80 percent of there channels free and charge us for them. And make us watch commercials on channels that I already pay for is wrong. If I pay for a channel it will have no commercials or I will try and steal it as they do with our money. I already paid 300 for my dtivo and I dont expect to pay hundreds more to use it if they want to make money off a tivo subb the equiptment should be free.

mrblack51
08-16-2003, 01:37 PM
How about you keep your opinions to yourself all I ever see is you taking the high road. If I wanted an opinion I will ask for one I just want info. You yourself are just as liable legaly as me if you hack the tivo at all, read the DMCA. I pay for service and I dont see paying more, they already are making more than there service is worth. They get 80 percent of there channels free and charge us for them. And make us watch commercials on channels that I already pay for is wrong. If I pay for a channel it will have no commercials or I will try and steal it as they do with our money. I already paid 300 for my dtivo and I dont expect to pay hundreds more to use it if they want to make money off a tivo subb the equiptment should be free.

Evidently, you didn't read the rules of the board. Whatever reasoning you want to use, the fact remains that dtv service theft is not a topic for discussion on this board. your issue is a card related one, not a tivo related one. as such, your two options are to call dtv and go legit on your tivo, or to seek help for your card related issue on more appropriate forums.

im happy for you that you have well formed opinions about the value of your money, how it should be spent, etc. however, your opinons on those sorts of issues have very little to do with the rules of this board.

are some of the hacks on this board in violation of the DMCA? possibly. I suppose that depends on whether you feel fair use trumps the DMCA or not. if you would like to have a discussion about DMCA related issues, start a thread about it in the general tivo forum.

GREEK
08-16-2003, 05:02 PM
JUST MY 2 CENTS.......... Mr Black is not only a senior member and MODERATOR of this forum, he has tons of posts and has helped me and many more. In any forum of conversation someone must be the referee. If you read the rules of the forum, there is definitely no DTV theft talk. Although some of the hacks and talk do walk a fine line, p3 cards and loaders cloning subs and the such is definitely service theft, and will not go on here. If we just let this forum go wild, it would be shut down like all the other DTV have been and are presently. You can EASILY rephrase your question to ask in a more respectful way. If you need an answer to that just use your ISP search and look for other forums on DTV hacking. This forum is call DTIVO hacking, it just happens that there is a tivo with a DTV receiver built in. Alot of things are expenxive in life, if its not enough value for you, dont use it and you wont have to pay. These are consumer choices we have to make.......If the moderators allowed everyone to rant and rave this site would be closed and youd all be on your own. Its not just an idea, unfortunately in todays DTV world this is a reality.......it sucks........If you wanna tell a member to F*** off please PM them and keep it private as that is the mature way to go about it

xobitx
08-17-2003, 03:34 PM
Well thanks for all the non help. I solved the issue on my own. For future referrence incase another has this issue just unplug reciever remove battery overnight and all is well.

That would have been a much simpler answer than all the above which was pointless. Just because the forum rules are slighty ignorant doesnt mean the poster must be too. Its ok to instruct on hacking and stealing tivo service and unlocking no subscribed locals which is a direct violation of DTV terms of service but just dont discuss it or any service related stuff. That makes perfect since, believe me if they want this forum shut down they could already have a legal case with the allowed topics.

fixn278
08-17-2003, 03:53 PM
Well thanks for all the non help. I solved the issue on my own. For future referrence incase another has this issue just unplug reciever remove battery overnight and all is well.

That would have been a much simpler answer than all the above which was pointless. Just because the forum rules are slighty ignorant doesnt mean the poster must be too. Its ok to instruct on hacking and stealing tivo service and unlocking no subscribed locals which is a direct violation of DTV terms of service but just dont discuss it or any service related stuff. That makes perfect since, believe me if they want this forum shut down they could already have a legal case with the allowed topics.

The rules are there at the board owners request. The mods here are following the wishes of the people that provide this board for us FOR FREE.

If you don't like the rules, maybe you should frequent another board. Maybe you can start your own board so you can have others give you a hard time for trying to do something nice.

GREEK
08-17-2003, 03:58 PM
You are welcome for the answer, I "see" you figured it out on your own.........

captain_video
08-17-2003, 08:26 PM
xobitx,

It is apparent that you are somewhat new here and have not yet familiarized yourself with the rules. As a point of interest, there isn't a forum anywhere that doesn't have its own set of rules that the members are expected to follow. Once you realize that you will understand why certain topics are just not acceptable for discussion here. While it's true that we sometimes push the envelope with respect to the legality of the hacks we perform, we don't openly discuss theft of DTV or Tivo service. Doing so would surely raise more eyebrows than we would like and we don't need DTV or anyone else sending a pack of lawyers after us and shutting us down. The purpose of this forum is to provide info on hacking the Tivo side of a DTV/Tivo combo box and also a standalone Tivo. We do not do anything with regards to the DTV side of the box. You'll need to find a forum better suited to answer those types of questions. Keep the topics limited to the Tivo-related stuff and we'll bend over backwards to help you out. Stray from the path and you invite flames from other members. If you'd like to stick around then I'd avise not pissing off the moderators any more than necessary. Mr.Black51 is a wealth of info and is only doing his duties as a mod by enforcing the rules. You don't have to like it but you are expected to abide by them if you plan on sticking around.

dsboyce8624
08-17-2003, 11:08 PM
Um, I wanna steal DTV service and um, oh yeah, take you all with me! Whos up for it?

ROFLMAO

ekati
08-18-2003, 12:06 AM
They get 80 percent of there channels free and charge us for them. And make us watch commercials on channels that I already pay for is wrong.

What are you smoking? DTV does noy get 80% of thier channels for free.
They pay for each channel and on top of that they pay X amount to each channel owner per subscriber. It's not like they grab espn off c-cand, pay 8 bucks a month for it and rebroadcast it.