PDA

View Full Version : Home media option question

mree
08-17-2003, 02:11 PM
I am a newbie to tivo hacks, so this whole idea might be wrong for a very simple reason. If you added a new drive to your computer with a tivo image on it or if you put a linux box on your network, could you not trick tivo into thinking that it was sharing files with another tivo? Then you could transfer your files onto that computer and convert them to be burned onto DVD. I guess what I am thinking is that if you can network your tivo, then there has to be a way of hacking it without having to open it and void the warranty.

GREEK
08-17-2003, 03:33 PM
there is no way to really hack the tivo without opening it and all the tivos warranties suck to my knowledge anyway. If its a series one(usb on the back) it may have a warranty. if its a series 1 its long gone. I beleive its 90 days unless its a rca ser2 which has 2 years, I may be wrong though........but the networking question is alot of work to save a warranty in my opinion...........

mree
08-17-2003, 07:10 PM
I guess I wasn't really worried about voiding the warranty. I just thought/hoped that there might be an easier way to transfer files from tivo to my computer. I thought that maybe with the new home media option it would be easier to do.