PDA

View Full Version : Help needed recompiling wireless drivers!

binkatl
08-17-2003, 03:47 PM
I'm hoping this question can be answered here... it's more of a general Linux question, but it ultimately has to do with Tivo, so...

I'm trying to follow in pmaxx's footsteps as outlined in his post in this (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=101903#post101903) thread to get wireless networking on my HDVR2 with a WUSB11 interface:

Now, please understand, I'm pretty much a Linux newbie so I really feel like I'm in over my head. Anyway, I downloaded and installed a copy of Redhat 9 on a spare hard drive. That's up and running just fine. Next I found a copy of the at76c503 drivers at http://at76c503a.berlios.de and downloaded them. Then I got the build_mips_x_compiler.sh script from link [1] in alldeadhomiez post. This script automatically downloads everything it needs when it is run, such as binutils and gcc.

So, I've got everything in place, and I type sh build_mips_x_compiler.sh in a terminal window. Is this the proper method for running a script like this?

Anyway, it runs for quite a while, and then a ton of error messages start popping up. They go by pretty quickly so I can't catch everything it's doing, but something is definitely up.

Eventually, it ends with

**** binutils install failed

I'm sure there are a ton of things about my setup that need to be known before you can answer, but I'm not sure what info to give here. Can anyone at least point me in the right direction or make any suggestions? I'd greatly appreciate it... I've been working on this for a couple days now and I feel like I've run into a brick wall. Thanks for any help.

- Bink

GREEK
08-17-2003, 04:16 PM
you may wanna post in the series 2 forum, your talking about a hdvr2 and your in the series 1 section............

binkatl
08-17-2003, 04:20 PM
hmm... i've been told over there that this newbie stuff belongs in the newbie board. I don't see a series 2 newbie board, is there one?