PDA

View Full Version : Calling in after new image installed....

Yammer
08-17-2003, 04:02 PM
I was able to put a completed image on my new 120GB hard drive, load up, go through the setup, and get a picture with my subbed P4.
It now tells me that I have to go through the call in for the dvr portion of the unit to work. Will this mess anything up, or will I get into trouble doing this?

Thanks, Yammer

moneyshotz
01-29-2004, 06:00 AM
I would like to know about this too. I'm stuck at that point. Any suggestions?

tuxfour
01-29-2004, 09:28 AM
I had the same thing happen to me. I'm not sure if it would have went away on its own after a reboot or something but I I pluged in the phone line and let it dial in. I watched the status and let it set the clock but once it said it was "downloading" I pulled the phone cord out. DVR was back up and running. It happened a few times as I was experimenting with different images and what not and it worked every time.

good luck

moneyshotz
01-29-2004, 03:53 PM
I ran sleeper's iso. I don't think it will let me call out.

captain_video
01-29-2004, 04:38 PM
If you've got a legitimate sub then there's nothing to worry about. It's usually a good idea to let your DTivo dial in when you first set it up and then perform the backup of the OS image. The initial dial-up is part of the receiver setup routine. Once it's made the initial call it won't ask you again unless you leave the phone disconnected without a nophone hack installed. I wouldn't worry about losing your hacks if you let it make the first call, even after you've installed sleeper's tivoscript. It usually takes several calls before it downloads any upgrades. The initial call is made primarily to get a list of local numbers and then you need to make a test call to ensure the number you selected is in working order (so it's actually two calls instead of one). If you never let it make the initial call then you may want to comment out the fixsub line in your rc.sysinit file and let it dial out. You may be able to force the call even with fixsub installed, although I've never actually tried it. If you're currently at the latest OS version then it won't download any updates anyway. If you don't have the latest OS version then you should have let the Tivo download it before you installed Sleeper's tivoscript.

tuxfour
01-29-2004, 05:12 PM
I ran sleeper's iso. I don't think it will let me call out.

I too ran sleeper's iso and like I said, it worked fine. it can't hurt to try. If you pay attention to the status you can just pull the phone cord out if it starts downloading new software.