PDA

View Full Version : What am I doing wrong

Mikkel_Knight
08-17-2003, 06:33 PM
Here's my setup...

I used silicondust's nic_install to install a TurboNet card in my Series 1 Phillips HDR612. I replaced the original drives with 120's months and months ago using Hindsale's instructions. I have had no problems whatsoever since and am getting full use of the space.

I am a Linux retard. I know nothing about linux. I'm attempting to get my TiVo the ability to extract using TyTool's latest version. In its directions, it says to place the nowshowing and tserver_mfs6 in the /var/hack directory.

Here's where my problems begin. My var directory does not have a hack subdirectory. If I connect using FTP (through IE) I can see all of the directories on my TiVo, but can't create any.

I can Telnet to my TiVo, but all I see is bash-2.02# and can't seem to do anything from there (did I mention I'm linux retarded)

How do I gain the ability to extract my shows to my PC (Windows XP) using TyTools? I am at a complete loss - I have done multiple searches, but everything that has come up has been for DirecTV and series 2 versions... I'm lost!

captain_video
08-17-2003, 08:10 PM
It sounds like your Tivo is mounted as read only. You need to remount it as read/write so you can create the necessary directories. Here's a link that should help you on your way:

http://www.gormly.com/~drapatin/tutorial.html

Mikkel_Knight
08-18-2003, 09:05 AM
Thanks Captain...:)