PDA

View Full Version : Lost My Locals

dsstvaddict
08-18-2003, 12:56 AM
I have a TIVO box that was purchased a little over a year ago from Canadian Card Cleaners. I use my subbed DirectTV card in the box and about 2 months ago I lost all my locals that I pay for on my subscription. I am assuming on what I have read so far that I need to upgrade my Hughes TIVO box to a newer version? I do not know what version I have at this time and do not have a phone line plugged into my box because it is a hacked box. I am still using a HU subscription card as DirectTV has not upgraded me to the P4 card yet. Any help on how I can get my locals back using my subbed HU card?

JJBliss
08-18-2003, 07:48 AM
Upgrade to 2.5.2, or 3.1.

Your easiest time will be 2.5.2.

When Canadian Card Cleaners stole all the work from the smart people at dealdatabase, and started selling it, they did it with 2.5.1 software.

Then they went out of business. PUKES!

So there is a better than average chance that you're running 2.5.1.

My recommendation is to read A LOT. Then, once you're up to speed and informed, you can then start asking specific questions. Most of the 2.5.2 upgrade is self explanatory and well documented.

captain_video
08-18-2003, 08:16 AM
Here's a tutorial with detailed step-by-step info for installing 2.5Xtreme and the 2.5.2 upgrade from scratch. I can pretty much guarantee that if you follow this procedure to the letter you'll get your locals back.

dsstvaddict
08-18-2003, 10:03 AM
Thanks, captian_video for the tutorial. So when I upgrade my hard drives in my TIVO to 2.52 I assume I loose all my movies I have recorded already in my TIVO?

captain_video
08-18-2003, 06:58 PM
That pretty much sums it up. When you install 2.5Xtreme you're installing a complete image on the hard drive so anything currently residing on the drive gets wiped. If you've got things you'd like to watch then you might want to take care of that before doing the upgrade.