PDA

View Full Version : Restoring Image - Off Net

we87
08-19-2003, 03:14 AM
Okay, the box I have is a GXCEBOT Hughes DTIVO with 3.1 software version. I found a zipped image of the same model number except a 2.0.0 software version. Now heres my question:

If I was to put that 2.0.0 image on another harddrive and stick that in the DTIVO, would it work? Or do I have to flash the eproms for that to work.

Thanks In Advance!

mrblack51
08-19-2003, 10:00 AM
are you trying to use a clean, unhacked version, or do you want to hack your unit? if you want to hack, go grab 25xtreme and install that, then upgrade to either 2.5.2 or 3.1 via the upgrade tools

we87
08-19-2003, 01:34 PM
Yes. I do want to hack my tivo or DTIVO. But I dont want to flash my eproms which I know 25xtreme does. I read about one guy having alot of issues with the same setup I got. So if there is a way to NOT flash the eproms I would love to do that, but from what I have been reading I dont think thats the situation here...

fixn278
08-19-2003, 01:54 PM
If you want to hack your Tivo, then the prom must be re-flashed. The prom checks the software and if it's not original, it tries to replace it with good code. If it can't do that, the Tivo won't boot.

There are literally thousands of Tivos with flashed proms. I have heard of very few people that have an issue.

mrblack51
08-19-2003, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by we87
Yes. I do want to hack my tivo or DTIVO. But I dont want to flash my eproms which I know 25xtreme does. I read about one guy having alot of issues with the same setup I got. So if there is a way to NOT flash the eproms I would love to do that, but from what I have been reading I dont think thats the situation here...

anyone here who is has ever run 25xtreme on their unit has a hacked prom. 99.9% or more have never had problems. a few ran into issues due to lightening storms, power outages, or other random things while they were running the stuff.

we87
08-19-2003, 03:20 PM
Alright, sounds good then. Im in the process of finding what I need after I back up my DTIVO drive, and Ill set everything up today. Ill post back if/when I get it working...

Thanks for the info guys :) I apreciate it.