PDA

View Full Version : Quirky bash

herrdude
08-19-2003, 05:48 AM
My bash prompt is some kinda strange....

1. Half the time i dont see what i am typing, the other half i see what i am typing (i put on local echo put then sometimes everything is doubled)

2. i have to type the command i want at least two and sometimes three times before it takes. for example: i type: cd /var
it responds: file or directory doesnt exist, altho i can see it when i type ls. after typing cd /var three times it will finally put me in that directory.

3. Xfering files doesnt happen at all. One of two situations happens: it sits at zero and doesnt move or it starts transferring and then the system says: transfer cancelled by the remote system. This is after i do the following:
a. cd /directory
b. mount -o remount, rw /
c. click file, transfer, zmodem, send
d. choose ANY file

I have tried different: ports (COM1, COM2), operating systems (XP, ME), terminal programs (teraterm, hyperterminal, secure crt), different files to upload, different days, etc.

The settings in all three programs is: 9600, 8,N.1 no error checking.

I have triple checked the cable, the port settings in the operating system. I have a DSR6000 with xtreme25 on it.

Help!

RiverRat
08-20-2003, 11:13 AM
I had some strange results when I first used HyperTerminal, although not quite the same as you described. I set flow control to "none" and it fixed my problems.