PDA

View Full Version : Problem acquiring signal on line 1

ruckus
08-19-2003, 11:29 AM
I've got a problem with a freinds Tivo who I'm trying to help out...

When the tivo unit looks for a signal it can always find it on line 2 but not on line 1. If I switch the cables I still get a signal on line 2 but not line 1. There has got to be a bad connection somewhere?

Thanks

GREEK
08-19-2003, 03:49 PM
you need to crack the case and look at the lnbp chips behind the tuners. they are right under the edge of the HD and you gotta pull the HD out to get a good view. If you switch the cables and the problem remains the same its not the cables, its the tivo. If it was a bad connection it would follow the cable. It could be a bad tuner also, go into the sat signal strength screen and switch transponders and see which ones come in. report the results back here....

jjwiecz
08-30-2003, 10:45 PM
I'm having the same problem with Satellite input 2 on my DirecTivo.
I've narrowed the problem down by swapping cables to know that the problem definately resides within the Tivo on satellite input 2. It IS sporadic, however, it works maybe 60% of the time. I'll be watching live TV, and out of the blue comes the Searching for signal on satellite 2 message.
Has anybody out there fixed this in the past?
Can I buy a new "TUNER INPUT" card?

Thanks!
Jeff

GREEK
08-30-2003, 11:47 PM
Yes this is fixed all the time. You gotta find tuners though, they are not made anymore. You gotta know how to DEsolder and solder, or have someone do it for you. I do repairs and have parts if you need them. You can PM me for more info. The fact that it is sporatic tells the tale of a failing tuner. Sometimes you get pixelation and freezing also. If your missing transponders it can be a lnbp chip but in your situation it sounds 99% tuner.