PDA

View Full Version : DSR6000, T60, GXCEBOT DirecTivo All the same?

we87
08-19-2003, 02:53 PM
I heard somewhere that the DSR6000, T60, and GXCEBOT DTIVO's are all the same (basically). All the data on the harddrive is pretty similar. So if I had software for one, I could use it on the other? And if I found a HOW-TO guide for one, I could use the same instructions for the other? The commands are the same for all three?

I know that the control part of all of them will be diffrent from one to another, but are they still similar?

Sorry for the dumb question, just wanted to make sure. :)

fixn278
08-19-2003, 03:05 PM
The hardware, scripts, hacks and instructions are identical. The only difference is the Sony uses different software for its remote control. If you load Sony code on a non-Sony box, your remote will cease to function. The same goes for loading a hughes/phillips image on a Sony Tivo. The remote will not work anymore

Other than that, they are exactly the same

we87
08-19-2003, 03:22 PM
Right, okay then that is what I heard... all is right. Everything stays the same but the remote control gets screwed up if you swap stuff... Alright, I got it.

Thanks for the info :) I apreciate it.

GREEK
08-19-2003, 04:35 PM
some people like the others remotes and you can swap the codes and make either work on any of the models. The sony software has a save to SONY brand VCR module that works with serial connection, thats the only difference I think.

walaroo
08-19-2003, 08:07 PM
What do you have to do to change the remote code?
EX: I have a T-60 but I like the HDVR2 remote.
($5 vs $60)
What do I have to change where?
TIA,
W

mrblack51
08-20-2003, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by walaroo
What do you have to do to change the remote code?
EX: I have a T-60 but I like the HDVR2 remote.
($5 vs $60)
What do I have to change where?
TIA,
W
search and ye shall find: remote switch