PDA

View Full Version : UTV 3.5 and 3.7 Image Free

Scuba
08-20-2003, 12:28 AM
Thanks to Apn64 I now have vers3.5...I Installed it on my drive and it works fine...I also backed up my 3.7 I have them both posted on edonkey2000 just do a search for utv35.rar or utv37.rar

wad
08-24-2003, 02:16 PM
I would like to place these files on my site. Please pm me so I can get your ok to do so. I am creating a site for better understanding windows ce driven appliances and I would like to post these files as examples of how the rom works.

Thanks in advance

aselltoday
08-24-2003, 04:44 PM
Where is that? I would like a copy of the 3.5. TIA

svandenh
08-26-2003, 01:17 PM
OK I got a file called utv35.rar
I opened it up and found 1 file called "WinCE UltimateTV V3.5.BIN"
Now im not computer illitorate by any means but what the heck do I do from here. I have done a few Tivos and all. But for the life of my I cant get this onto a boot cd to save my life. How do I go about loading it

apn64
08-26-2003, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by svandenh
OK I got a file called utv35.rar
I opened it up and found 1 file called "WinCE UltimateTV V3.5.BIN"
Now im not computer illitorate by any means but what the heck do I do from here. I have done a few Tivos and all. But for the life of my I cant get this onto a boot cd to save my life. How do I go about loading it

OK so you got my file. I assume that you're planning to install the software on a UTV. If you do a quick search on here for a post by Herculito, you'll find the installation details.

Bottom line is that you're going to apply that 32MB image to a clean HDD and then install it back into the UTV.

There's no need for a boot CD, but you will need a working PC with a spare IDE port, and a copy of WinHEX software.

wad
08-26-2003, 04:22 PM
Can someone post these files to a website. I am seriously frustrated with ejackass1999. For some reason I just cannot seem to get the firewall I am behind working properly with this sharing program.

I can even post these files on my site please send them to me someone?

Thanks very much to anyone who has the ability to send me utv35.rar utv37.rar etc.

Once I get them I will post them for anyone who needs them.

thanks

The_ChiefGeek
08-26-2003, 10:30 PM
Scuba,

I have searched eDonkey and jingle every since your post and I can't find the utv35.rar or utv37.rar.

What server do you connect to? I tryed Silent Bob, eMuler Server No2, and ProbenPrince or something like that.

Scuba
08-26-2003, 11:08 PM
The_ChiefGeek and to all concerned,
I personally took it off of edonkey because it was too slow..Someone else may have it on there but if you want the
image just PM me and I will let you on my ftp to grab it

svandenh
08-27-2003, 08:37 AM
Soon as I get this bin loaded and verified I will Host it on my site.
PM me for details

hhhjr
09-01-2003, 04:54 PM
3.5 any1 with a link please pm me with the link if u would, and the magic word PLEASE. thanks in advance.

njsges
09-01-2003, 05:27 PM
can someone give me a link to find the 3.5 and 3.7 images for utv, it would be greatly appreciated.

nj

kgibbons
09-01-2003, 07:04 PM
I just created a torrent file of the v3.5 and v3.7 images, and uploaded it to suprnova.org Once the suprnova mods approve it, the torrent will be there for anyone to grab.

If you're not familiar with torrent files, hop on over to suprnova.org and read their FAQ a little bit, and I guarantee you'll fall in love with this P2P medium :)

njsges
09-01-2003, 08:44 PM
i've looked and looked, but i am unable to find a how to or faq for supernova. please help. thanks

nj

kgibbons
09-01-2003, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by njsges
i've looked and looked, but i am unable to find a how to or faq for supernova. please help. thanks

nj

Well, using torrent files is pretty simple... and a great P2P distribution model.

No one single person can "leech" and not offer a file. As soon as you start downloading from someone, and say you even have 1mb of a file downloaded, you then act as a host as well. So if another guy comes on requesting the same file, and needs that first 1mb, he could not only get it from the guy that has the whole file... but he could also access it from the 1mb you've already got downloaded. Cool stuff :)

You'll need a torrent client. Personally, I like the experimental client that you can get here: http://ei.kefro.st/projects/btclient/

Once you have this app installed, it will automatically set the associations for *.torrent files. So you can either save the torrent files to your local drive and then open them, or you can open them from their web location and let the download begin that way.

There's a ton of documentation on how bittorrent works, just do a google search and you're bound to get all the info you need.

As far as my torrent file goes... I'm still waiting for the guys at suprnova to approve the upload. As soon as they do, the file *should* show up on their page.

In the meantime, here's a copy of torrent zipped up. Just save this to your local PC, unzip it, and then double-click on the *.torrent file. It will then present you with a "save" location, where you will choose a directory you want to save the file to.

I think you should be able to start downloading right away... but I'm not 100% certain if the mods at suprnova have to approve the tracker as well.

But give this a try and see how it goes.

kgibbons
09-01-2003, 11:05 PM
One more thing -- important!!

Once you reach 100% with your download, make sure to leave the torrent file open for a good hour or so afterwards. This will allow others to get the file from you, as well as ME :)

It makes overall download speeds much faster for everyone, and just helps the community overall.

So leave those torrents open!! :)

njsges
09-02-2003, 08:05 AM
thank you very much, worked great! left it open last pm, looks like someone downloaded it. ty vm once again.

nj

Zee
09-03-2003, 01:13 PM
Hi,

I'm not seeing anyone with the full file on the torrent. Is it possible for someone to come back on and seed it for a bit? Or if possible can someone icq me at 4898837, as soon as I get the file I'll shove it up on my site, so you guys can download it directly

Thanks

Camaro130
09-03-2003, 01:54 PM
I cant find the images either... :( If someone would share I would leave it on for others to get..

Zee
09-03-2003, 01:58 PM
Hey,

Its being seeded right now, once I get the full, i'll be seeding from our oc3, so the download should be pretty quick.. Also, I'll post a link in a second where you can directly download the images.

apn64
09-04-2003, 10:02 AM
If you guys don't like the donkey, try Kazaa ;)

razorr69
09-08-2003, 04:53 PM
Can someone PLEASE point me in the right direction to get 3.5 i need it something fierce.

thank you in advance

razorr69
09-09-2003, 06:32 PM
Scuba thanks you so much i was up the creek without your help.
Your defineatly an asset to this forum:D

thanks again

tzevarul
09-17-2003, 07:52 PM
Can anyone help me with a copy of 3.5 or 3.7 for the Sony W60? I have a dead drive in a unit that is nolonger under warranty.

Thanks!

TTfool78
09-20-2003, 01:55 AM
Well here is a diff. Request for 3.5. I need the 1st 32 Bytes of the IMG. I have a copy but I could not get it to load. I compared it to 3.7 and it looks like the 1st 32 bytes are corrupt. There could be more but I'm guessing that haveing "#" for the 1st 32 bytes is not right.

Someone Please take the time to PM me with them.

TT

apn64
09-20-2003, 11:20 AM
I think you can find utv35.rar and utv37.rar on ed2k and Kazaa ;)

TTfool78
09-20-2003, 11:38 AM
Thanks, apn64... But the point is not to have to d/l over 13 meg of compressed file instead of d/l only 32 bytes..... Heck I've already written more than 32 bytes. Although a Hex dump would be nice..

It might not work but this is testing.. I might have to end up going the KAzaa route though....

Again thanks for the KAzaa idea...

TT

tzevarul
09-20-2003, 04:40 PM
I could not find the files on Kazaa, and I can't access eDonkey2000 (ISP block).

apn64
09-20-2003, 04:44 PM
Believe me, they exist.

I can confirm this, since I have K++ running right now indicating that it's sharing two files. Wonder what they are? :p

BTW, I'd drop any ISP that wouldn't give me unfettered internet access.

metrotech
09-20-2003, 05:27 PM
Apn64

Just for a check I did a search for both of those files, they don't show up for me either.

MT

metrotech
09-20-2003, 05:32 PM
TTfool78

Look at the other site were you put the same request I think you'll find something there.

MT

apn64
09-20-2003, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by metrotech
Apn64

Just for a check I did a search for both of those files, they don't show up for me either.

MT

Strange, I just reset K, did a search and I don't see the files either, but my app does indicate that it's sharing two files and I've checked it's the right directory.

I'm a K rookie, so perhaps you can't see your own files? Prefer ed2k (no crap files), and only got K to satisfy all the requests.

ttai: I emailed you the piece you're looking for, plus it's posted elsewhere.

metrotech
09-20-2003, 07:03 PM
apn64

I don't need the files I was just doing a search for them because others say they can't see them.

MT

TTfool78
09-20-2003, 10:43 PM
Apn64,

Thanks Thanks.... The bytes worked great and am watching and Recording on my UTV right now...

THANKS !!!!!

TT

SFORCES
09-23-2003, 10:07 PM
Could someone tell me were i can get utv35 and utv37 and the tools at?

Blade
09-25-2003, 07:41 PM
Can someone put the torrent for 3.5 up agaiin please...looked for it last night but no go....
havin probs as i think my original hd is bad.
thanks
I need someone to seed it i mean...i got the torrent. thanks

Blade

thejaxster
09-26-2003, 10:36 PM
Hello,
I have been looking for the images also. I cannot find them anywhere, used edonkey, torrents, kazaa. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advanced.

chippillie
09-28-2003, 02:18 PM
I can't find 3.5 image anywere ether help please.Thank you in advance:rolleyes:

bozo8787
09-30-2003, 05:38 AM
[b]1ST thanx to however uploaded this Torrent for BT. But please reseed:)[B]

Blade
10-06-2003, 05:42 PM
Yes please reseed, I have been looking for this for 2 weeks. If more than one person could please seed it it would help all of those of us lookin for it alot.

Thanks.
Blade

carlosdaroo
10-07-2003, 07:51 AM
Please someone reseed this image. If I get it I will leave my system up for days for others!

Thanks

pattom12
10-09-2003, 06:01 PM
I am not able to get the UTV 3.7 image anywhere. I have tried all instructions listed here to access this file but can not get it-no way. This does not have to be this complicated. Hopefully someone will contact me and can e-mail me the image. Help-I am about to tear into a second UTV unit just to get 3.7 to load on an old unit. Waisted time and effort and I would prefer to use what is already avaliable but as of this time I am serioulsly in the hole on this whole thing.

Thanks

Cmyskill
10-28-2003, 11:40 PM
Hey guys I have looked for weeks for this file 3.5. Emule, Edonkey, Imesh, kaaza and so on with no luck. I had no Idea this file would be this hard to get. Could someone please be nice enough to email me this file? My email can handle up to 16megs and I think the rar file is only 14 megs. PLEASE... I don't want to have to buy a new unit to get the file. cmyskill@aol.com

Thank you to who ever sends me the file.

cmyskill

Cmyskill
10-28-2003, 11:40 PM
Hey guys I have looked for weeks for this file 3.5. Emule, Edonkey, Imesh, kaaza and so on with no luck. I had no Idea this file would be this hard to get. Could someone please be nice enough to email me this file? My email can handle up to 16megs and I think the rar file is only 14 megs. PLEASE... I don't want to have to buy a new unit to get the file. cmyskill@aol.com

Thank you to who ever sends me the file.

cmyskill

roadrebel
10-30-2003, 11:13 PM
Also been looking for 3.5 all day... tried all the normal sharing programs.. nothing.. if anyone can help out please drop a email to icetech@rocketmail.com and lemme know a link or something:)

geminicat
10-31-2003, 12:34 PM
If everybody who needs the image and can not find it for free get with Solfanboy and buy it. $20 does not seem like that much of an investment based upon all the aggravation peeps encounter when they can not find it on the web... Do a search on "3.5 Image available" and get with Solfanboy...

roadrebel
10-31-2003, 12:40 PM
If he would have come forward and offered it for sale rather than being a weasel and trying to get money from people in PM's, on 2 different forums (here and AVS) i might have considered it, the file will turn up eventually.. or not:) either way i would rather let the unit sit than give him money..

geminicat
10-31-2003, 12:43 PM
Good luck.. Like I said small price to pay.. Just my opinionn though.. Once I saw the price I figured my time was worth at least that much...

roadrebel
10-31-2003, 02:38 PM
Had it emailed to me thanks anyway:)

darkobabic3
11-01-2003, 03:40 PM
Could someone please reseed BitTorrent with 3.5?

djohn
11-03-2003, 02:41 AM
I put it in my limewire shared folder tonight and will try to stay connected most of the time. File name is utv35.rar.

Masked_Hacker
11-03-2003, 01:54 PM
I've tried all the ways to get the 3.5 image with no luck. I do have a working UTV with the 3.5 image on it but it has a burnt tuner. I just bought one online with 3.6??? i never heard of that version. Is there a 3.6 that anyone knows about and is there a way that I can retrieve the image from the UTV that has 3.5 and transfer it using WINHEX??? If I can retrieve it I will share it. Thanx

roadrebel
11-03-2003, 01:58 PM
Masked if the drive is fine you shoudl be able to pull the image off using winhex, just follow the directions all over the place..

Masked_Hacker
11-03-2003, 02:06 PM
Those instructions are the ones on how to unlock the drive and so on??? Have you heard of 3.6 and if so will it work with an older card?

roadrebel
11-03-2003, 02:15 PM
never heard of 3.6.. ill pm you a url for 3.5 though..

djohn
11-05-2003, 05:01 PM
If someone has a 3.7 image they would upload to me I would gladly give them a 3.5 image. A guy from AVS was going to give me 3.7 this weekend but it would give me a few extra days to work on 3.7 if I had it tonight. 3.5 is already uploaded if you can upload 3.7 for me.

Thanks!

xvid
11-05-2003, 06:10 PM
Guys, I have a 490RE UTV thats been collecting dust after 6 months. I got it without a harddrive and installed a 80 maxtor. This immediately downloaded the 3.7. I want to be able to go back 3.5. Could someone please tell me where I can get a copy. I have searched the whole internet for months now.
I am willing to pay or to trade.
I willing be trying to extract the 3.7 image this weeknd and put it on my personal FTP site for anyone to download.

xvidv@seecharran.com

djohn
11-05-2003, 07:01 PM
xv, I pmed you the info. Enjoy!

xvid
11-06-2003, 10:15 AM
djohn, That info did not help. Please chack pm

djohn
11-06-2003, 11:10 AM
Sorry, I wasn't very clear in my PM.

I haven't really read previously that the images are checksummed and so if they get corrupt you will know it. Keep in mind if it is corrupted intentionally it will have to have a new CS generated.

There are certain black bytes that can be changed in the image in two places but you only should change one of them, change the wrong one or both and you will get the wonderful WebTV screen.

MrBlack is a very smart man, he expects you to be smart enough to guess a number between 1 and 10^9 that he was thinking of and add one to it, break it in half and look for the two seperate parts 16 zeros and ones apart.

CyberJaak and trd are great people also and the rest is up to you.

edit: grammer error...

xvid
11-06-2003, 11:37 AM
LOL...............and what language is this may I ask...lol. Please PM me in english. Appreciate all your help.
Thanks a bunch

djohn
11-06-2003, 12:20 PM
It is a language that gives enough hints that if you want it bad enough you will figure it out. It is MUCH MUCH more then I have seen mentioned elsewhere and it pretty well outlines all the steps necessary.

Did you know that 15361 could be a set of 16 zeros and ones that might seperate the two parts?

This should draw you to the conclusion that a black number + 1 split in half by 16 zeros and ones that total 15361 will make a certain value. You might want to remember that value and see if you ever run across it.

Now the way I read this it is english. Put some thought into what it could mean. I know where there is a 3.5 image if you need it, with the last two posts I made and a brain of your own and one exe posted by someone else mentioned in my above post you will no longer need 3.5.

apn64
11-06-2003, 01:49 PM
Forget the puzzle, I'd like to find a (file) map of the image file.

Already used the Nk extract tool to pull out the files, and realize that it can't be re-assembled, but it would sure be nice to know that bytes abc in file f correspond to bytes xyz in the image file.

Any takers? PM will do if you don't want to answer in the forum.

djohn
11-06-2003, 02:18 PM
Don't have one yet but will get to work on it.

I have a goal in mind, it is going to take a lot of work and I am just getting started. Reassembling the image is going to have to be done for my goal to be met. If we can extract it though we can reinsert it, we just have to put some work into it.

I hinted to CV that a UTV forum at another site I like would possibly be nice as I do not want to get into any trouble at DDB but I think it is time that we realize more of the potential of the UTV hardware even if it is built by Wild Bill & Co.

I am curious what other tweaks you may have accomplished, not for hints but just for ideas of what is doable. Perhaps they are too secretive to let me in on (via PM) but my imagination sometimes doesn't come up with the more creative ideas.

My ultimate goal is to have working usb/network drivers. I know there is some driver code in existence already but how incomplete/complete is it? Maybe it works and just isn't turned on? This is taking this thread off topic but I am just asking myself, what can we do in there that we haven't even attempted?

Scuba
11-06-2003, 09:13 PM
I cant believe this.After all this time people are still hunting 3.5 and 3.7 image and I gave it out to a whole lot of people.I cant believe none of them were not nice enough to come in here and share it.I am getting P.M.'s all the time for these images and I dont mind sharing but for gods sake can someone put it somewhere so that can be easily accessed...Thanks..

Masked_Hacker
11-07-2003, 09:40 PM
If some one has 3.5 and 3.7 I would gladly appreciate it. I received 3.5 but I'm not sure if it works. I have followed the instructions to the letter but I still get the webtv screen. I have a working winhex if i can figure out how to send it (maybe through email since I am a newbie to this forum) to trade for both 3.5 and 3.7. Thank you in advance

one more thing...i am trying to go from 3.7 to 3.5 do I have to zero the drive and if I do how is it done...I have cloned using winhex but I still get webtv screen.

geminicat
11-08-2003, 09:29 PM
As of 5 minutes ago the downloads for 3.5 and 3.7 were still at tivostuff.com

geminicat
11-08-2003, 09:33 PM
C & P

16. Click on the box that says "Offset: 0" " At the very bottom of winhex. Along the border"

17. A dialog box will open titled "Go To Offset".

19. In "New Position" put 0

20. Make sure "relative to beginning of file is checked. Click OK"

21. Now put your mouse curser on the first byte at location 0

22. Right-click your mouse and select "beginning of block"

23. Now go to offset location 178c2fff. Follow step 3 but this time put in 178c2fff . It should show a blinking curser at the last byte on line 178c2fff

24. Right-click on that last byte 178c2fff and select "End of Block"The bytes in the window from 178c2fff and above should now be high-lighted.

25. From the Edit Menu. Select Fill Block.

26. The Fill Block Dialog will appear.. Select the first option and make sure it says 00. Click OK. A new window will appear warning you that you are writing directly to disk. Click OK.
A third window will appear warning you that you might make your disk completely unusable. Click OK.
Believe it or not a forth window appears and says a backup of this data cannot be made because of a 15MB limit. Click OK
A new window will appear and will show the progress. It takes about 3 minutes to zero out the block

djohn
11-08-2003, 10:21 PM
If you read up a few posts you will see that I posted a pretty detailed step by step for upgrading 3.7 so you will no longer need 3.5.

Since you can get 3.7 from MSN why would you need to DL 3.5?

Masked_Hacker
11-08-2003, 10:29 PM
I want to makesure that my hardrives are good. I keep trying to connect and I get like part 66 and it stops and gets stuck. I'm trying it again and i'm stuck at part 4 now. I can't figure out what I am doing wrong. I zero the drive, clone disk and I still get webtv screen.

I have read the post by herculito and followed it the best that I can. The only thing I don't understand is the FSNo what is that??? and why doesn't my 3.5 image have it at the location that he claims that it should be??

djohn
11-09-2003, 02:32 AM
You probably have your offsets in decimal mode instead of binary mode. Try dialing up a dialup ISP instead of MSN directly. I have read that they are having issues when dialing into them but if you dial your own ISP and connect that way the upgrade will not fail.

You can do a search for the text FSNo and it will find it in the disk, it should be at one of the two locations described.

Masked_Hacker
11-09-2003, 02:55 PM
I finally figured it out!!!
I went to the tivo site posted above and found the files. It turned out that the 3.5 image I had was bad. I now have 2 UTVs with 3.5 on them and they are working great. Thanks for all the help that everone donated. I am going to put the images in my kazaa folder so others can try and get them.