PDA

View Full Version : Hate to do it BUT,,,,

abierce
08-22-2003, 09:57 AM
I'm giving up. I have spent 3 days trying to update my Dtivo 3.1 to use TurboNet for extraction. After one roadblock after another I'm packing it in. I'm looking for a Dtivo 3.1 image with turbonet, and tytools installed and whatever else is needed for extracting programs to my pc. If anyone can assist me it would be great..

I can take the abuse all wish to send, telling me i'm a deadbeat/loser, I won't take it personally..

Thanks
Art

captain_video
08-22-2003, 03:40 PM
Try my tutorial for upgrading your DTivo. I'd stick with 2.5.2 instead of 3.1 but the procedure is the same for either upgrade. Just substitute the appropriate command for the 3.1 upgrade installation when it calls out 2.5.2. This method is guaranteed to get you your locals and keep them there. As for video extraction, get the latest version of TyTools and the corresponding tserver_mfs and NowShowing.tcl files that go with it. You'll find it in the Extraction Forum under the "Where are the files" sticky thread. Look for my all-in-one zip file. The readme file for installing the NowShowing.tcl and tserver_mfs files on your DTivo is included. Get the readme for using Superzap's upgrade program and the xPlusz utility for activating all the hacks you'll need to telnet and ftp to your DTivo. You can get that from the upgrade thread in the main DirecTV Tivo Hacking Forum. The telnet and ftp hacks are already included in the program so all you have to do is turn them on via remote control commands and reboot when you're done. Don't forget to turn off scrambling (i.e. turn noscramble on).

goomba
08-22-2003, 08:53 PM
Captain, what is the xtreme upgrade zip in your post? Is that xupdate? or something else. OK, I downloaded it, it went so fast I know it aint xupdate. he he. I'll go read it. thanks.

captain_video
08-22-2003, 11:21 PM
It's a tutorial for upgrading your DTivo with 2.5Xtreme and Superzap's 2.5.2/3.1 xupgrade program.