PDA

View Full Version : Tivo reboots after 27% everytime

tdoyle13
08-24-2003, 12:07 PM
I have a sony t60 with a 120 gig maxtor drive. It reboots after 27% in the aqurring sat signal screen on boot up if i unplug the sat feed it will stay on put the second it tries to aquire signal it get to 27% and reboots also i tried to reload the origanl drive and the same thing happens i have just loaded 25xtreme on both and they both have same problem got the iso from tivostuff.com tried new ribbon cable double checked jumpers in cable select
please help

rd001
08-25-2003, 10:09 AM
Strange. I'm getting the same when using dual-tuner setup. In single-tuner setup, I get to 15%. Then it just locks.

[darn, now I can't remember which was which. But one locks at 15% and the other at 28%. Tried it a number of times.]

I'm not sure if we've been reflashed or what.

I was using 25xtreme on a DSR6000 with the original 40 gig Quantum drive. First I got demo mode then foolishly selected the Customer Prep option. I haven't tried re-imaging yet. I'm going to try for 2.52.

Gill
08-25-2003, 06:18 PM
I think there are several threads going on about this problem, but the workaround is to reboot with your LNBs unplugged.

Gill

tdoyle13
08-26-2003, 08:35 AM
i have tried to boot with lnb unpluged but the second i go to live tv and plug the lnb in the tivo reboots at 27% again any ideas

CyberTiVo
08-30-2003, 11:45 PM
I am having similar problem.
SAT-T60, 2.5Xtreme, XUPgrade to 3.1, Single 80GB, oval/dual LNB
I don't reboot at 27%, I just get stuck at 28% when trying to setup oval dish with single or dual tuner support. Get stuck at 15% when trying round. I can't finish dish setup successfully. I reboot with and without cable connected. What the hell is going on? I am new to DTiVo, been using hacked TiVo for 3 years.

drewb0y
09-02-2003, 08:48 PM
I just added the sat C to my oval dish so i went through the guided setup again and after selecting 3lnbs 2 tuners, it gets to acquiring info and locks at 28%.

After powering off and back on again, it did save the settings as 3 lnbs and all my new channels work.

so the question is, what exactly is it trying to do in this step anyway, download guide data ?

Anyway, it all works properly so far even though it never completed the guided setup.

Isn,t there a way to change the type of connections through telnet somehow? Number of tuners and dish type ?