PDA

View Full Version : data stream

joe436
08-28-2003, 02:36 PM
i have made a copy of the data stream and i saved it to a file it's about 30 min long, is there a way to make my tivo load the file insted of the real stream? mabe when i first start up my tivo i can make it use the file first? i have read that you can record something at a latter time and pull out the card and it will still record it. pls pls post any info

Juppers
08-28-2003, 04:01 PM
Not sure what you are trying to accomplish, but the method you are describing isn't very plausible. The unit will not function without an access card. Whatever you heard was wrong.

joe436
08-28-2003, 08:05 PM
i dont care about the card i just want to input the stream myself when i first start the machine Or sometime during

JJBliss
08-28-2003, 10:02 PM
huh?

Juppers
08-28-2003, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by joe436
i dont care about the card i just want to input the stream myself when i first start the machine Or sometime during

You would either need to duplicate the way a LNB sends that information, and run it into the sat feed, or disassemble the majority of the system and convince it to read from a file.

Either one is not an easy task, and I'm not sure what you think it will accomplish, but I can almost guarantee it will not have whatever result you are looking for.

joe436
08-29-2003, 02:20 AM
i came here because you guys are the best at this tivo thing, can you say if it could ever be done? is there any threads you can point me to read? mabe a diagram of tivo, our a list of what tivo does at start up 1 ,2 , 3 ,4

Juppers
08-29-2003, 02:26 AM
We would be able to help you better if you told us what you were trying to accomplish. As for diagrams and lists of stuff, I can only tell you there is a wealth of information here on the forums. I would highly suggest reading everything you can and familiarizing yourself with the way the unit works. A large majority of anything you could ever want to know has been posted, mentioned, discussed to death here and on other forums regarding the TiVo.