PDA

View Full Version : Questions about getting a SA Tivo on Comcast

wahooka
08-29-2003, 06:44 PM
Hi guys-

I used to run a DTV setup with a GXCEBOT DTivo and it was awesome but where I've moved to I am facing totally the wrong way and can't get dtv anymore.

I love tivo though and can't be without it. I am getting Comcast and I have a Motorolla cable box. Can anyone recomend a SA that works well with Comcast Digital Cable. Seems like the SA Tivos work alot crappier than DTivos cause of the IR blaster problems.

So any recomendations for a good SA tivo with good hacking capabilities would be greatly appreciated.

Also I used to use Xtreme 2.5 on my Dtivo....is there anything similar on the SA Tivos? I can't seem to find any and my old bookmarks are deadlinks now.

Thanks for the help, this place is great!

mrblack51
08-29-2003, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by wahooka
I am getting Comcast and I have a Motorolla cable box. Can anyone recomend a SA that works well with Comcast Digital Cable. Seems like the SA Tivos work alot crappier than DTivos cause of the IR blaster problems.

So any recomendations for a good SA tivo with good hacking capabilities would be greatly appreciated.

Also I used to use Xtreme 2.5 on my Dtivo....is there anything similar on the SA Tivos? I can't seem to find any and my old bookmarks are deadlinks now.

Thanks for the help, this place is great!

all sa units are the same within the same series, and in general, they are identical when it comes to what vcrs and/or cable boxes they support. as far as hacking is concerned, s1 units have no protection, s2 units are going to be more of a challenge, requiring stuff like bash_env or the monte techniques.

no equivilent to 25xtreme for sa units

wahooka
08-29-2003, 09:02 PM
thanks for your response mr black

i know this is a tivo forum but i've heard alot about the replaytv units. does anyone happen to know how hackable those are as far as their subscription service/video extraction?

thanks for all the help!

mrblack51
08-29-2003, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by wahooka
thanks for your response mr black

so i guess there is no way to get a free sub with a SA tivo...that sucks...i miss my dtivo already

i know this is a tivo forum but i've heard alot about the replaytv units. does anyone happen to know how hackable those are as far as their subscription service/video extraction?

thanks for all the help!

stealing service is wrong, and thats not what hacks like fixsub are designed for. check the avs replaytv forum for info on that stuff. you can generate your own guide data for the SA if you are into doing some work, but you might have some trouble getting the tivo canada guys to help you if you arent from up north