PDA

View Full Version : Total n00b question: just bought a DSR7000/17.

Snatchface
08-31-2003, 06:05 PM
I am a Tivo retard. I know nothing about them. My GF bought me a Philips DSR7000. The guy at the store swore up and down that he had the same one at home and that it was a cinch to just connect it to your PC with a USB cable and transfer files. Said it would show up as a removable drive in explorer. It does have 2 USB ports on the back but in the manual it refers to them as "for future use."

Was he totally FOS, or is this a feature of the newer models?

MonsieurEd
08-31-2003, 07:01 PM
I'm a relative newbie toobie (with DIRECTiVo). I can assure you that DTivo does NOT do that out of the box (or even IN the box) and neither does the Standalone.
Originally posted by Snatchface
I am a Tivo retard. I know nothing about them. My GF bought me a Philips DSR7000. The guy at the store swore up and down that he had the same one at home and that it was a cinch to just connect it to your PC with a USB cable and transfer files. Said it would show up as a removable drive in explorer. It does have 2 USB ports on the back but in the manual it refers to them as "for future use."

Was he totally FOS, or is this a feature of the newer models?

mrblack51
08-31-2003, 07:35 PM
flat out, the guy lied to you. s2 dtiovs have no HMO option, and s2 sa units require HMO (a seperate purchase) before transfering shows, and none will transfer shows to your pc without hacking.