PDA

View Full Version : Just a rambling on XBOX

hangfly
09-02-2003, 12:15 AM
I get bored extremly easy so I pick projects that I see ahve a "purpose". I got my DirecTivo working with help from this forum. My plan was to stream the videos off my tivo to my computer in MPEG2 format.
Now the cool part is the new release of XBMP 2.4 (X-Box Media Player). The main reason I am writing this is to let people know what you can do with the new xbox cracks. The new media player looks like the windows media pc operating system and has all the functions plus some. Now I can chose my movies I streamed off my tivo and watch them with the xbox. I know there are some tivo people that will say "but I can put the videos right back on my tivo etc" well I know you can but that is too much work ;) this way you constantly have a growing library of videos. Not only does the media player do videos but it also will stream pictures, music ((with some cool visulizations while playing them if you want)). The new version even enables you to stream Shoutcast radio stations.
For any of you that like learnign new things and to ahve something new to fiddle around with this is the way to go ((plus if you play games you can back them up and play from the HD etc))
I know links etc are looked down upon here but if anyone wants to know anything e-mail or post here and I will help you all I can. I am not saying I know everything- I am far from it, but I ahve been palying with the xboxes for awhile so I will help you or point you in the right direction. Hopefully I will have my "How-to" completed shortly

THANKS for the forum- this place is great!

Silverdude
09-08-2003, 06:43 PM
I would VERY MUCH like to know how to send video output (s-video) through the Xbox to TV. I would also like the software to remove the ugly compression waves that some stations have.

I know, i am asking to much...

If you could point me in the right direction to geting xbmp to stream from the DTivo that would be great!! I have xbmp installed, but its an older version...

SD

Generiq
09-10-2003, 07:50 PM
Are you talking about playing Ty files on the Tivo? I'd like that info!

longbeachca
10-01-2003, 09:42 PM
I mod about 10 xbox's a week, and I am always messin' with my xbox, with homebrew software, appz, etc. If you have any questions, I can do my best to answer... I really enjoy my xbox a lot... I think anyone who enjoys reverse engineering hardware will/should enjoy the xbox and it's many capabilities.

harleyrider
03-20-2004, 01:59 AM
I mod about 10 xbox's a week, and I am always messin' with my xbox, with homebrew software, appz, etc. If you have any questions, I can do my best to answer... I really enjoy my xbox a lot... I think anyone who enjoys reverse engineering hardware will/should enjoy the xbox and it's many capabilities.
How hard is it to put in a larger hard drive into a hacked x-box?

pkpss
03-20-2004, 07:33 AM
As easy as installing a regular hard drive into a PC.

EC-EXCURSION
03-20-2004, 12:29 PM
As easy as installing a regular hard drive into a PC.

I think its even easyer if your useing slayers auto installer.