PDA

View Full Version : FTP running but inoperative



flynmoose
09-02-2003, 09:07 PM
Strange happenings.

Have been successfully using FTP for some time (both from browser and using WS-FTP).

I can no longer access TIVO via WS-FTP (or command-line) and only intermittently from a browser.

I have tried killing process and restarting. Have tried commenting out of hackinit and then starting manually.

Telnet works fine as does Tserver (which I only start from command prompt, not from hackinit).

Not using MFS_FTP at all.

Any thoughts?

DjPK
09-03-2003, 08:22 AM
Are you using tivoftpd? What port are you starting it on.

Trying starting it from telnet on an obscure port and see if you can attach to it. I don't know much about tserver but could it be using port 21 which would conflict with the tivoftpd?

flynmoose
09-06-2003, 01:48 AM
DjPK,

1) I am not running tserver from hackinit. I am manually starting it when I need it. It is NOT running when I have the conflicts.

2) I've searched (and searched . . .) on the subject of running tivoftpd on a different port - no luck.

3) I've commented tivoftpd out of hackinit and tried running it from bash prompt after the system has completely rebooted.

4) I've copied over a new copy (via zmodem) and tried running it. Same thing.

5) WS_FTP gives me the following messages.

Connecting to 192.168.2.20:21
Connected to 192.168.2.20:21 in 0.010, Waiting for Server Response
Connection closed by remote host.



The following hacks run fine.

tivoweb
telnet access (by any means)
Tserver/Tytool

Anyone else?
:confused:

DjPK
09-06-2003, 10:26 AM
sounds like you have a corrupt file or that it was sent via ascii.

as far as using a differnt port i think all you do is add the port number

tivoftpd 21 for port 21 (default)
tivoftpd 3150 ....

you get the idea.

flynmoose
09-13-2003, 09:01 PM
Well, I guess I've found the problem but not the "why".

Upgraded the firmware on my wireless router before my previous post and that seems to have blocked ftp access to my Tivo from hardwired computers. I was able to access via wireless though which is odd. No strange routing or port blocking. Just default DLINK 614+ 2.20 firmware parameters.

Downgraded back to 2.18 and everything works fine again. (Of course this is after I rebuilt my Tivo drive twice - only upside is that I now have Monte running.)

DjPK - thanks for the help. Sorry to invite you on a wild goose chase.

DjPK
09-14-2003, 07:56 PM
I had a similar issue but it was with the tivo lossing connectivity after a restart. I had to click through the ip and wireless settingsn one time and it cleared it up. This was after a software upgrade. Good effort on the monte :)

Paul