PDA

View Full Version : David Bought



tytyty
09-03-2003, 08:27 PM
As I peruse the TiVo fourums here, which I have been for quite some time, one thing has stood out.
A user nmed David Bought, now dont get me wrong I have seen some very insightful comments and help from him, however he never seems to post anything without making snide remarks.

Has anyone else been annoyed by this?

mrblack51
09-03-2003, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by tytyty
As I peruse the TiVo fourums here, which I have been for quite some time, one thing has stood out.
A user nmed David Bought, now dont get me wrong I have seen some very insightful comments and help from him, however he never seems to post anything without making snide remarks.

Has anyone else been annoyed by this?

There is an ignore feature available to any registered user. simply place bought on your ignore list if you are offended by his remarks.

If people break forum rules, they will be dealt with. until then, they will be left alone as long as the are contributing.

tytyty
09-03-2003, 08:46 PM
Was not saying I am offended as I said he does give out good information often but with additional remarks that may lessen its value.

I posted this here as his sig suggests.

Just wondering if other people noticed this, and just maybe David would consider this a friendly aside on the subject.

Not a poll obviously :P


Sometimes ignorance is bliss. (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/member2.php?s=&action=viewlist&userlist=ignore)

mrblack51
09-03-2003, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by tytyty
Not a poll obviously :P

whew, thats good...btw, the last guy that tried to pull that got banned.

Xanthio
09-05-2003, 02:46 AM
Originally posted by mrblack51
There is an ignore feature available to any registered user. simply place bought on your ignore list if you are offended by his remarks.

Hot-Diggity thank you for pointing that out mrblack51, never realized there was an ignore feature. Not that I find anyone particularly offensive, but annoying is a whole other story. Thanks for the heads up.

-X

GREEK
09-07-2003, 06:15 PM
Theres actually 3 david boughts. The real tivocommunity forum nazi, the one on this forum, and another on this forum, with a different twist to his name. The real prick is a celebrity in the tivo world, even though everybody hates him??? weird huh???

tytyty
10-21-2003, 08:52 PM
Well its been over 45 days since my original post here. Aparently David has not taken any requests to tone down his rhetoric to heart. Now he is running some sort of vendetta against cobelli who tried to help by creating a rather involved HowTo for Series 2 hacking. Even using the ignore function I see quotes from his hateful posts all over this board including the Newbies area, where he continues to be unhelpful and insulting.


My request is this PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not quote from this luser, as I and many others here have NO desire to read anything this person has to say.

Although Mr. Bought may see this as an attack against himself it is merely my way of keeping my sanity while trying to learn and give back to the community.

Thank You

David Bought
10-21-2003, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by tytyty
My request is this PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not quote from this luser, as I and many others here have NO desire to read anything this person has to say.

Although Mr. Bought may see this as an attack against himself it is merely my way of keeping my sanity while trying to learn and give back to the community.

Yeah, sure, we'll get right on that, buddy. Would you like some cheese with your whine? :D

--Everybody else on Dealdatabase

Hi8
10-21-2003, 09:57 PM
naming a thread and discussing him is EXACTLY what this **** loves. It is obvious that this is the only place anyone pays any attention to him. This IS his whole life.

The best thing to do is NOT pay any attention to him and not even post replys to any of his posts, just make believe it/he doesn't exist.

David Bought
10-21-2003, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by Hi8
naming a thread and discussing him is EXACTLY what this **** loves. It is obvious that this is the only place anyone pays any attention to him. This IS his whole life.

The best thing to do is NOT pay any attention to him and not even post replys to any of his posts, just make believe it/he doesn't exist.

Cut the personal attacks, old sport. If you don't have something nice to say don't say it at all.

My thread, my rules. :D

Barrett
10-22-2003, 03:38 AM
Originally posted by David Bought
Cut the personal attacks, old sport. If you don't have something nice to say don't say it at all.

My thread, my rules. :D you are a gimmick right?

Juppers
10-22-2003, 09:22 AM
Bought hit a nerve with me for a while too, but I have to say, over the last 2 or 3 weeks, he has been nothing but an asset to the forum. He has most decidedly toned down his posting style and his intelligence and skills are shining through. Some of us don't hate you DB. :)

captain_video
10-22-2003, 10:40 AM
Bought hit a nerve with me for a while too, but I have to say, over the last 2 or 3 weeks, he has been nothing but an asset to the forum. He has most decidedly toned down his posting style and his intelligence and skills are shining through. Some of us don't hate you DB.

I'd have to agree with the way his posts have gone lately, although he still gets his jabs in from time to time. I've learned to wade through the BS and just try looking for the gist of anything meaningful he may have to post. I think he must have stock in Google with all his posts that refer to using it (there are other search engines out there). There's no point in trying to steer him in the right direction because he'll just do his own thing anyway.

shawn
10-30-2003, 02:22 PM
David Bought
I have to say i enjoy most of what he says.
He holds no punches back and always takes an opportunity to land a haymaker. He is entertaining to me.
He is just strict on the do not steal DTV or Tivo stuff.
I just only hope his avatar is a self portrait. Tank Abbot wannabe.

AlphaWolf
10-30-2003, 04:25 PM
I'll be honest for once here...some of what david bought says makes me laugh my ass off. Usually it's the stuff that I myself feel like saying, but don't want to because I know what can happen.

mattdb
10-30-2003, 04:51 PM
I just couldn't resist posting. (I know "I screwed something up.....")

This forum just makes me laugh out loud somedays, get delighted somedays and mad has hell others.

I have just learned to do a lot of lurking.....

Mattman