PDA

View Full Version : national locals

brian_92gsr
09-07-2003, 11:34 PM
I just received an HDVR2 last week and so far I've added a 120GB drive, and purchased a serial-1/8" cable from 9thtee. I've read a lot of the FAQs on hacking this, but all I really want to do is get the national locals for more timeshifting options. Right now I get the Columbus OH locals, so I'd like to get the LA national locals as well.

What is the best way to go about this? Is this subject allowed here?

fixn278
09-07-2003, 11:50 PM
Manipulating the guide is permissible talk here, but actually receiving the channels, unless authorized by DTV, is not.

Sorry

brian_92gsr
09-08-2003, 01:06 AM
I didn't think there was a way to get them to activate nation locals in my case. Is there any chance of them giving me national locals while mantaining my regular locals?

mrblack51
09-08-2003, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by brian_92gsr
I didn't think there was a way to get them to activate nation locals in my case. Is there any chance of them giving me national locals while mantaining my regular locals?

nope. national locals are a fallback for those who can't get their own locals. as far as i know, it would be illegal (well, against FCC regs) to allow you to recieve distant locals if they could provide you with true locals. Only time that differs is if you are on some sort of RV program, and even then they will not let you keep your local in locals AFAIK.