PDA

View Full Version : Infinite reboot when restarted, not from cold boot?

Neutronflux
09-11-2003, 08:43 PM
Hey guys, please don't flame me for this one. I DID run a seach on the website, but I didn't find anything pertinent.

I had 3.1 running on my DirecTivo T60 with an 80GB western digital. I had the boot299 hack running and when I tried to enable dual tuners, it hosed. After a bit of reading, I realized that I had to restore the original boot299... yadda yadda yadda.

I finally decided that I would reimage the system witn 2.52 as the "benefits" of 3.1 weren't to my liking. Yeah the menus are fast, but those Chrystler ads? =
Anyways, I have reimaged the system with superzap's 2.52 -- I expanded the drive to fill the 80 GB Western with TivoMadd.

The thing is that when select "restart" via the system or if the machine has to reboot for one reason or another, it just goes into an infinite loop... on off, on off... etc. HOWEVER when I cold boot the machine, it boots fine? Is there a reason for this that anyone has encountered? I cleaned off the flat white cable that runs from the PS to the mainboard, it still continues the infinite boots upon reset.

GREEK
09-12-2003, 08:40 PM
I would edit the boot parameters with runideturbo=false. Do a search for it and try it. Alot of drives need it, and do the loop after running fine for a long time.

JimBliss
09-14-2003, 08:31 PM
If you have a remote blaster read this I had the same issue and now I don't!

http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21814&perpage=15&pagenumber=2

Neutronflux
09-15-2003, 05:35 PM
Thanks for the heads up on that Jim and Greek == much appreciated.