PDA

View Full Version : Need help ASAP please!!!

psywzrd
09-11-2003, 10:06 PM
Using superzap's xupgrade to go from 25xtreme to 2.5.2 and trying to ./upgrd252.tcl, I'm getting the following error:

ERROR: GZ/utils extract failed: cpio: v252.tar: No such file or directory

I've searched and found a couple posts desrcribing the same problem but I don't know what to do. Please help!!!

psywzrd
09-11-2003, 10:11 PM
Just tried again and now I'm getting:

ERROR: GZ/utils extract failed: cpio: premature end of file.

What does this mean?

BubbleLamp
09-12-2003, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by psywzrd
Just tried again and now I'm getting:

ERROR: GZ/utils extract failed: cpio: premature end of file.

What does this mean?

Are you sure you transferred the files to the Tivo in BINARY mode?

psywzrd
09-12-2003, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by BubbleLamp
Are you sure you transferred the files to the Tivo in BINARY mode?

I'm not sure what that means but I did get it working. I just removed the 2 files from my DTivo and transferred them again and everything worked great after that. I think I might have transferred one of the files to the wrong directory the first time so I figured it would be easier to just start over and it was. Thanks!

psywzrd
09-12-2003, 12:45 PM
One other question actually. After finishing the upgrade, my locals did appear in the guide; however, I'm getting a "Channel not available" message when I go to those channels. Is there anything else I need to do after the upgrade to enable these channels? Do I need to do any of the xplusz commands?

Juppers
09-12-2003, 12:51 PM
If your locals are in the guide, but you get Channel not available when you try to view said locals, then your card isn't authorized for those locals. Call DTV and have them resend the tiers.

psywzrd
09-12-2003, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Juppers
If your locals are in the guide, but you get Channel not available when you try to view said locals, then your card isn't authorized for those locals. Call DTV and have them resend the tiers.

The card is definitely authorized for the locals - I'm sure of it.

mrblack51
09-12-2003, 05:21 PM
when you start a new thread, please be sure to give it a meaningful title. titles like "help please" and such are useless to those looking at the forums, and even moreso to those searching the forums. thanks

David Bought
09-13-2003, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by Juppers

"Channel not available" is not a DTV nag. If you don't sub to the locals you are trying to get, you will get ext721.

I have never seen a VA sequence at the card side when "Channel not available" comes up, which means that access to the channel is not being attempted. Please correct me (with a stream log, in PM) if you have evidence to the contrary.

captain_video
09-13-2003, 11:39 PM
Did you make the upgrd252.tcl executable after transferring it to your DTivo? If not, it will never run and install the upgrade. This bit of info is conspicuously missing from the installation instructions and it seems that those that have been here a while expect the newbies to know to do this intuitively.

psywzrd
09-14-2003, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by captain_video
Did you make the upgrd252.tcl executable after transferring it to your DTivo? If not, it will never run and install the upgrade. This bit of info is conspicuously missing from the installation instructions and it seems that those that have been here a while expect the newbies to know to do this intuitively.

I did make upgrd252.tcl executable and the upgrade did go through ok. It seems that a lot of people are having locals issues with 2.5.2 though so I guess I'm not alone.

psywzrd
09-15-2003, 08:44 PM
Just to kind of confuse this issue even more, I also noticed that I'm not getting the preview channels either (100 & 201). I'm getting a "channel not available" message on those channels as well. Any ideas?

captain_video
09-15-2003, 09:32 PM
They tend to go bye-bye after installing the upgrade. Nothing of interest there anyway unless you like watching endless reruns of the same previews.

psywzrd
09-16-2003, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by captain_video
They tend to go bye-bye after installing the upgrade. Nothing of interest there anyway unless you like watching endless reruns of the same previews.

That's what I figured but I thought it was kind of weird. It's true that there's not really anything you want to see on there anyway but I was wondering if you could get them back the same way you get back the locals (doing the clear program guide and todo list thing).