PDA

View Full Version : DTIVO Reboots every hour or so

jmayes
09-12-2003, 10:26 AM
HELP!

My DTIVO 2.52xtreme/turbonet started rebooting almost every hour. I have checked all the log files and can find and no errors produced prior to the reboot. This started off slow (once a day or so) and has been getting more frequent by the day. I have cleaned the /VAR directory so it's not getting too full.

The only clue I can give is that just before it reboots it gets really really slow, menu changes are ****y and tivoweb commands take 5-10 secs to complete.

I do not get any stopples, ever. When watching it just out of no-where reboots.

Yes, I have checked the power supply- the power supply can't make it slow down either. System is on a UPS too.

If the HD were failing I should see some extra cleanup and fix-up in the logs, right? There are no strange sounds coming from the drive either. (60g single drive system)

Oh, one last thing. About two weeks ago there was a power outage that downed the Dtivo, I have a old turbonet card that sometimes does not reset. It was not working so I killed the power to reset the turbonet card and got the GSOD, by morning it had fixed itself but that is when the rebooting got really bad thereafter.

Thankx for any help anyone can provide!!!

Jmayes

SR712
09-12-2003, 07:09 PM
If it were mine, I would run a diagnostics on the drive, and then re-image it again. Plus, ... what is a stopple?

GREEK
09-12-2003, 07:59 PM
I would reimage too. Every once in a a while the software doesnt take. Run a diagnostic, but I have drives that check out fine and are bad. The power supply CAN do this. A failing switching board wont send the correct power on demand and will cause a reboot. Try using another dtivos supply(if you have one) or turn the adjuster all the way up. Its the little orange shaped thing on the stand up board with a philips head....

jmayes
09-12-2003, 08:42 PM
I beg to differ on the power supply, yes it can cause reboots but not slow down the Dtivo's operation which is what happens just before the reboot.

Thankx anyway!
Jeff

jmayes
09-12-2003, 08:45 PM
Sorry for the slang "Stopple" I saw it used a few times and liked it, I mean the picture stops (pauses) for a brief moment, I do not get any of these even though the operation system seems to slow to a craw just before the reboot.

Thankx again,
Jmayes

TheWickedPriest
09-13-2003, 06:06 AM
What's the reported temperature on the System Information screen?