PDA

View Full Version : Removing xtra hard drive.

punkerg1
09-13-2003, 09:44 AM
I have a t60 that has a 120 gbhd and a 15 gbhd in it, the 120 was the drive that was setup with 2.5.2 on it and I threw in the 15 cuz it was laying around. Now I wanna get rid of 15 and just keep 120, do I have to do an mfs- somehow?, or will it readjust itself if I just unplug drive?

TRILIGHT
09-13-2003, 09:25 PM
I would not try just pulling the drive. I would imagine there are consequences to that though I've never tried it. Check the Hinsdale guide (you can get it at 9th Tee). Go to the section titled "If you are REPLACING YOUR EXISTING B DRIVE with the new larger upgrade drive" listed under "UPGRADE CONFIGURATION #4". This gives you instructions for copying info on your current B drive to a new drive and then marrying the new drive to the existing A drive.

BubbleLamp
09-13-2003, 10:12 PM
The drives are married. You need to create a divorced backup image, and then restore it back to the 120 only.

captain_video
09-13-2003, 11:50 PM
Can you reinstall a divorced image on a drive smaller than the original capacity? I was always under the impression that you could always increase in size but you couldn't go the other way.

BubbleLamp
09-14-2003, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by captain_video
Can you reinstall a divorced image on a drive smaller than the original capacity? I was always under the impression that you could always increase in size but you couldn't go the other way.

It only requires the actual space used, so unless his system is completely stuffed to the gills then he can restore to the 120 by itself. If not, he may have to delete a few shows first.