PDA

View Full Version : AirNet installation in Huges G-bot with SZ 2.5.2 software (help!)

Toaster
09-13-2003, 03:56 PM
After reading around here a little, and seeing some of the problems people are having with Airnet's and Turbonet's - I thought I'd ask the question before screwing anything up.

First, a few basics: Its a Dtivo Hughes GXCEBOT(D) with 2.5xtreme->Superzap's 2.5.2 with Xplusz, just finished installing the 160gb Maxtor (thanks to Captain Video's great instructions), so I now have 137gb, or 123 hour Dtivo with 2.52 running A-OK

I just got the Airnet 1.0 (9thtee) and a D-Link DWL-650 802.11b card.
Q1: After I install the adapter and card, will I still need to install the drivers using a PC as per the original instuctions located on 9thtee's web site? (or are those instructions not valid for the current release of 2.52???)

Q2: Assuming the answer to Q1 is yes (install the drivers per the 9th tee site's instructions), do I need to enable or add anything to my install on the dtivo? in other words, do I need to let the 2.52 software see the airnet card?

Thanks for the advice guy's --- I REALLY appreciate it.

-Toaster

David Bought
09-13-2003, 07:55 PM
1) This is not an appropriate question for the EXPERT forum. Try the NEWBIE forum instead.

2) Ask 9thtee technical support. (Or post in their official help forum, which is NOT here.)

tytyty
09-14-2003, 02:56 PM
A1: Yes you must apply the drivers to the harddrive per the instructions on 9th Tee.

A2: My experience was that I had to remove xPluz
prior to installing the drivers then remove the 2 lines at end of rc.sysinit before reinstalling the latest version of xPluz

Toaster
09-16-2003, 04:49 AM
Not sure what happend? I had (have) 2.52 installed completely, with xPlusz 3.10 (I believe). I had issued the #21,1 (nophone) command, and got the lifetime sub, and successful call attempts :)

So when I installed my airnet wifi adapter into my Dtivo, I gave it a static IP (no DHCP) so I'd know exactly which IP it was everytime. Set the gateway, subnet mask... And since I didnt want the Airnet card to allow the daily call via the internet, I selected dialup as the dailycall value (it was default=network).

Now it seems xPlusz is not working correctly....? I tried issuing the #21,1 command in the call waiting pre-fix, but now I do not see the message at the top of the screen (yes, it was there before).

So based on the above message, I removed the last 2 lines from the rc.sysinit, saved it, rebooted still no successfull or xPlusz display message in the header.

I reinstalled xPlusz -u (upgrade) v3.10 onto my 2.52 xtreemed system, and still nothing.

I know my Airplus is working, I installed and used Tivoweb 1.93 no problem. But I still get FAILED as my daily call. PLEASE HELP.

Thanks

tytyty
09-16-2003, 11:04 AM
I belive if you reread my post I stated to REMOVE Xpluz then reinstall, thats what worked for me.

Toaster
09-16-2003, 12:45 PM
How do I remove xPlusz? I (think) I figured out how to install it...?

I transfered the xplsz.gar and setup files to /var/hack, chmod setup, exec setup and followed the prompts.

How do I remove xPlusz?

(thanks in advance for your help)

Toaster
09-17-2003, 02:56 AM
After trying to reinstall xPlusz, I now have NO BASH (/var/hack#) prompt. :(

Now what?

tytyty
09-17-2003, 08:32 AM
Well I havent used Superzap's 2.5.2 so Im not sure where he triggers the bash start statment. There is NOTHING in the Xpluz software that sets up bash.

That being said have you rebooted after installing Xpluz?

Have you tried serial at diff speed? 9600 115200

Is the network active?

A default install of Xpluz turns on telnet, have you tried it?