PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Lost

chillypk
09-14-2003, 04:30 PM
Ok I'm lost trying to get some episodes of Scrubs on DVD for archiving - making space on my SA TIVO.

I have TivoWeb installed v.1.9.4?
And Tytools Alpha 7 rel 8

Couple questions - I don;t know what to set my bitrate to so that in the future I have DVD compliant ready streams to burn.
Right now I set everything to record at Best Quality that should take care of it right?

As for my older shows - how do I make them compliant - ie convert from 480x480 to 720?
I tried TMPenc - no clue - but I get errors - maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Also I noticed that I have a green bar on left hand side for some programs - and sometimes noise on the top. I know there was something out there to crop it - but I forgot which program.

Also any suggestions on what program to use to edit out the commercials? And at what step do I do this? After I convert to 720?

I tried using tytools - multiplex mode, VCD MUX, and 48 by 192 but I get some bad ausio tracking.

TRILIGHT
09-14-2003, 07:33 PM
You're probably going to piss some mods off by having not searched and done some reading first, chillypk. Also, you used a non-descriptive title "newbie lost" which is meaningless. You probably won't even get that many people reading your post because of it. Anyway, that all being said, you might want to read and post in Thor's thread which was already posted (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=27487) and covers what you want to know.[