PDA

View Full Version : Recording TiVoSeries2 video onto DVD's

Morty
09-15-2003, 02:22 PM
Hello,

This is my first visit to the site. After taking a glance at the different forums, it appears there are some very knowledgeable people around here. Iím hoping somebody can help me, and/or point me in the right direction. Here is my problem:

Iím trying to transfer/extract video that is currently stored on my TiVo Series2 DVR onto DVDís (I recorded some sporting events onto TiVo, and would like very much to transfer them to DVDís). I have a Sony RDR-GX7 DVD burner, but I have not been able to burn videos successfully.

When I play back the video Iíve attempted to record, I get a black flickering screen. Iíve been told this is due to copyright, and that my Sony will not be able to burn the video from my TiVo. I desperately hope this is not the case.

Iím somewhat of a novice, so please forgive me, but Iím determined to do whatever it takes to get the video from my TiVo onto DVDís. Any advice/direction will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Morty

yellaboyla
09-15-2003, 04:00 PM
Have you tried recording it to a VCR tape? Just curious.

In order to move data from your DVR to a computer, you would lose the recorded shows as the encryption is written as it is recorded.

If you 'hack' the box, then no encryption is written and you are free to copy to DVD

Morty
09-15-2003, 06:49 PM
Sorry I posted my email address. I think I figured it out. The DVD's are looking good. Thank you for your time. This is a great forum.

Peace...

Morty

EDIT:
Please don't post e-mail addresses for private responses in open forums.

mrbuster
09-16-2003, 04:56 PM
stay away from this guy:

http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=27430