PDA

View Full Version : I have no Idea where to start! TIVO on wireless network...how can I burn to my DVD

stockjock
09-15-2003, 08:57 PM
I'm sure its on this board somewhere! I just don't know where to start. Here is what I have: TIVO Series 2 TCD 240040 connected to wireless network via a Belkin USB wireless adapter. I would like to know if I can go through my network and make DVD copies of shows stored on my TIVO with my Optorite DD023 DVD +/- RW burner. Where do I start??

Thanks
Stock

captain_video
09-15-2003, 09:29 PM
Well let's see. You're new to Tivo Hacking so you might try the newbies forum. You also have a series 2 Tivo so you might want to try the series 2 forum. You want to learn about video extraction so you might consider looking in the video extraction forum. Are you starting to see a pattern here? I'd recommend starting with the tips listed in my signature below and take it from there.

stockjock
09-15-2003, 10:45 PM
Well let's see. You're new to Tivo Hacking so you might try the newbies forum. You also have a series 2 Tivo so you might want to try the series 2 forum. You want to learn about video extraction so you might consider looking in the video extraction forum. Are you starting to see a pattern here? I'd recommend starting with the tips listed in my signature below and take it from there.

It's amazing what a search will turn up if you take the time to do it. If you're new to Tivo/DTivo hacking, read ALL the stickys, especially the How Tos Only thread, and the DTivo Hacking FAQ (all located in the DirecTV Tivo Hacking Forum) BEFORE you post and you'll probably find the answer you're looking for.

So...I'm guessing since your some kind of guru and I'm some kind of newbie at this TIVO stuff, you feel its alright to throw around your weight and act like some kind of almighty TIVO hacking god!!!
I've seen your post to other new guys and they all say about the same thing!! "Check my sig!! all your answers are there!!" Well, your sig ain't worth crap! There is not any TIVO Hacking FAQ forum that I can find. I browsed through at least 30 to 40 threads that I put search parameters in and still nothing on how to start. I'm not asking for you to come over to my house and hold my hand and do the whole darn thing for me...I want to learn how to do this myself and all I needed was a starting point. All you had to say was...hey stock..try starting here! or here! instead I get some sarcastic bullsh!t.
So, if this is how you treat your new members...I won't be coming back!!
:mad:

BubbleLamp
09-15-2003, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by stockjock
So...I'm guessing since your some kind of guru and I'm some kind of newbie at this TIVO stuff, you feel its alright to throw around your weight and act like some kind of almighty TIVO hacking god!!!
I've seen your post to other new guys and they all say about the same thing!! "Check my sig!! all your answers are there!!" Well, your sig ain't worth crap! There is not any TIVO Hacking FAQ forum that I can find. I browsed through at least 30 to 40 threads that I put search parameters in and still nothing on how to start. I'm not asking for you to come over to my house and hold my hand and do the whole darn thing for me...I want to learn how to do this myself and all I needed was a starting point. All you had to say was...hey stock..try starting here! or here! instead I get some sarcastic bullsh!t.
:mad:

That's pretty funny. You managed to blow off one of the few guys left here who still has the patience to deal with newbies like you that can't be bothered to do anything on their own. The Hacking FAQ is right here (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17658).

GREEK
09-16-2003, 01:01 AM
The basis for your reading would tend to start in the extraction forum. Your not asking a simple question. When you post 1000s of help replies, it gets pretty monotonous. Just start reading the extractions section and you'll find answers

captain_video
09-16-2003, 11:54 AM

Did you look in the DirecTV Tivo Hacking forum for the FAQ like my signature indicated? I believe my initial reply answered your query and was an attempt to help you out but you apparently thought different. If you're looking to alienate the very people you're requesting help from then you're doing a bangup job. If my replies tell newbies to look at my signature then there's a reason for it. You'll never learn how to find the answers you want if they're handed to you on a silver platter. This is a DIY forum and you're expected to put forth a certain amount of effort yourself. The first thing you need to do is take some time and read all the background info you can before attempting to hack your Tivo.

The tips in my signature are meant to point you in the right direction and get you started. There was nothing malicious intended in my comment so you need to chill and learn a little patience. A little humility can get you a long way and a lot of help. If you choose to leave and not come back then you're the one that's going to lose out. This is without a doubt the best resource on the web for info on hacking your Tivo. There are other Tivo forums out there but nothing as in-depth and comprehensive as this site. You can leave or you can stay, but if you decide to stay I would suggest you leave the attitude at the door.