PDA

View Full Version : HDVR2 Serial Bash Cable - How To

bschwarting
09-16-2003, 09:51 AM
I have looked high and low and am unable to find directions on how to make the serial cable for the HDVR2. Can someone please instruct me or direct me to the proper place? Link?

Thanks!
Ben

mrblack51
09-16-2003, 10:29 AM
evidently you didn't check the how-to posts which have been stickied in the directivo hacking area. a search should have turned up the info as well.

btw, posting the same question on multiple message boards at the same time will not win you friends and influence. posting the same question in multiple areas of this message board will piss people off pretty quickly as well. Finally, be sure to post your questions in the appropriate place. I highly doubt that making a bash cable would be considered an 'expert' question, so posting this in the experts area is not appropriate.

bschwarting
09-16-2003, 10:41 AM
evidently i did

When you are new to a forum with thousands and thousands of posts, and you have been searching for 2 days, it's not easy. Think back to your 1st days on the forum. It can be overwhelming. All i needed was a pointer, nothing more. i didn't have any luck myself so i asked for help.

Arrogance isn't necessary.

http://www.trivex.net/DTivoHacking/serialcable/index.html

mrblack51
09-16-2003, 11:09 AM
no 'arrogance' involved. I answered your question, and I (hopefully) helped you understand the way things work around here and on other boards in a straightforward manner.

I do recall what it was like as a new person, and I read read read...I didn't post for 4 months after I started coming here. Many boards that I view I have never posted at. In my first day as a newbie, if I were going to post, I would post in the newbie area, not the experts area...it just makes sence to me that way.

Copper Top
09-16-2003, 02:12 PM
mrblack, you should turn this over to David Bought, i think he is more qualified to answer his problem.