PDA

View Full Version : Any need to sign up 2nd TiVo?

NutKase
09-20-2003, 01:02 PM
Service on 2nd TiVo
I just bought a 2nd Tivo SA S2. I don't need guide service. Should I register and then cancel later?

For more info, I have a lifetime subscription on my main TiVo and I plan on sending shows to the bedroom that might be sensitive for the kids but we won't be surfing or recording things for initial viewing there so no need for a guide.

Adults need DVR too!

I have about 5 days (left) to figure it out. I had to choose a 'plan' in-store and if I actually register it's 12.95/month and a $50 rebate as long as I have current registration 6-8weeks.

I'm not worried about the $$ but I'd rather not register for a service I don't need then cancel later. Any ideas or has anyone been here before?

TIA,
NutKase

captain_video
09-21-2003, 12:03 AM
Without a sub to the Tivo service your new SA Tivo will make a very nice doorstop. AFAIK there is no current hack that will allow you to use just the DVR functions on a S2 SA Tivo without having a sub to the Tivo service. If you get the lifetime sub it will be cheaper in the long run.

NutKase
09-22-2003, 09:37 PM
Decided that TiVo needed my $$$ even if I plan just swapping video. I still am not paying for HMO though.

Besides, I still haven't got mfs_ftp working! Duh!