PDA

View Full Version : TiVo not seeing Turbonet for Daily Call

kyaphas
09-22-2003, 12:15 AM
But it works for everything else. I can telnet to it, I am pulling shows from it to be burned for archival (at a moderate speed, a tad over 1mB/sec). I can ping machines out on the 'net successfully, and ping the TiVO ok on the local network (it's behind a dsl modem/firewall). But when I put ,#401 in the dialing prefix, I get an error about the line being unavailable (I've removed the phone line since I thought I wouldn't need it anymore).

Does the line have to be plugged in but it doesn't use it or something?

The machine is a HDR112 w/HD upgrade, and running software version 3.0-01-1-000.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

kyaphas
09-28-2003, 09:10 PM
Aww come on guys, no ideas at all?

erk48188
10-05-2003, 07:46 AM
I'm having a similar problem - and I had it once before too.

I've got a T-60 with version 2.5.2 something and a turbonet card.

Back in April I got the "call or else" message from DTiVo. After a few weeks, I found and downloaded the new Turbonet drivers (NIC_Install_200302 or some-such). That seemed to solve the problem (I think...I also have a linksys wireless router thingee...I might have needed to put Tivo in the DMZ...don't remember).

In any case, May - September proceeded without a hitch.

Beginning of October I got the nag question again. I searched for new drivers, but that doesn't seem to be the issue. I put Tivo in the DMZ, and that doesn't seem to be the issue.

So I'm trying to figure out an answer too. It looks like there's a timeout issue for me. In fact, I get two files downloaded (two slices), then get a timeout waiting for http://204.176.49.17:8080/static/SwSystem/3.1.0-01.1.slice.gz.

I wonder if this is the new version trying to download.