PDA

View Full Version : TiVo OS updates

kkmike
09-22-2003, 03:18 PM
I've been reading all the sticky's - going to add hacks myself this time to a 2nd DTiVo I have. (I bought an upgrade kit for my 1st unit) It's a lot to read and decipher what is old advice and what is best to do currently. What are all the references to "extreme" and to versions under 3.1? Doesn't TiVo update the software when it is available during the housekeeping calls? How can someone be running a 2.x version DTiVo? There is a ton of advice on how to add Turbonet, telnet, tivoweb etc. and most if it is prefaced with "if you're running extreme 2.x etc..." Heck, mine is a "regular" one! ;)
I'm not complaining - it's great that this information even exists, I'm finding what I need slowly but surely (and pissing off my wife since leaving a gutted pc on the kitchen table with cables and hard drives hanging every wich way all weekend)

Mike

David Bought
09-22-2003, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by kkmike
I've been reading all the sticky's - going to add hacks myself this time to a 2nd DTiVo I have. (I bought an upgrade kit for my 1st unit) It's a lot to read and decipher what is old advice and what is best to do currently. What are all the references to "extreme" and to versions under 3.1? Doesn't TiVo update the software when it is available during the housekeeping calls? How can someone be running a 2.x version DTiVo? There is a ton of advice on how to add Turbonet, telnet, tivoweb etc. and most if it is prefaced with "if you're running extreme 2.x etc..." Heck, mine is a "regular" one! ;)
I'm not complaining - it's great that this information even exists, I'm finding what I need slowly but surely (and pissing off my wife since leaving a gutted pc on the kitchen table with cables and hard drives hanging every wich way all weekend)

Mike

1) Not a hardware question - this is a NEWBIE question and it belongs in that forum

2) Search for the things you are interested in, and find the threads in which they were introduced. http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/search.php?s=

NutKase
09-22-2003, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by David Bought
Search for the things you are interested in, and find the threads in which they were introduced. http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/search.php?s=

And while you're at it remember to scroll down and select the

'Show results as posts' button to save you and your family LOT'S of time apart :).

This, if course, comes from experience ;)