PDA

View Full Version : What is error 51 wrt T60? Also, how to remove mobo?

FredThompson
09-28-2003, 04:45 AM
My T60 is now reporting error 51. What does that mean? I removed power to do some stuff then, when I plugged it back in, the error showed up and the tuners are acquiring satellite info screen is not advancing at all.

In addition, I've removed all the various screws and turned the metal hold-down pieces. The mobo still won't budge. I'd like to take it out to see if something is damaged. How do you remove this beast?

GREEK
09-28-2003, 05:25 AM
Error 51 is usually a error when you use the wrong drive in a tivo. When you install a software version it "marries" it to the mobo via serial #'s. A clear and delete everything will get rid of that, but it sounds like you have another error 51 type. Ive seen this before on "broken" tivos not related to drive. If you swithced drives no prob, if not its a flag. As far as the board, there are two black colored #8 torx (can use small straight edge screwdriver if you dont have) between the rca jacks AND the opt/svideo, and a regular size torx by the vid in/out for coax. Also a pair of screw-on threaded rings on both tuner ins, with washers. If you dont get all it wont budge, and 5 screws on the board too(4 with philips/hughes)

FredThompson
09-28-2003, 06:27 AM
Thanks, I got all those screws but still no-go. Guess I'll mess with it later. Must be hung up on a piece of metal or something like that.

The 51 must have been related to power. I saw your reply to another post about the power ribbon cable and, sure enough, it was arced up, not down, so wasn't all the way in. I fixed that and the error disappeared and video is brighter than ever. Woohoo!!

Now all I gotta do is pull the board and re-solder audio jumpers to the jacks.

GREEK
09-28-2003, 04:29 PM
very often it takes a little pulling to get them out. When they install them the post tabs get twisted with the bending of the retaining tabs. Best thing to do is grab a front panel corner and just get part of it off, then play with it to get the rest off. I've had to use pliers to straighten out the tabs if its partially stuck. You can use mild force, theyre pretty durable.......but be careful.........

FredThompson
09-28-2003, 07:41 PM
that makes sense. Even though I think everything is bent properly, maybe there's something which is binding. Best to do it when I'm well rested and calm ;)

For a while I thought the black insulator sheet was sticky on both sides. That would make it a real pisser.