PDA

View Full Version : Recovering erased recordings?

SteveK2
09-29-2003, 11:16 PM
Anyone know if there is a way to access the UTV's harddrive using a computer so that erased recordings can be recovered?

One of my UTV's locked up. I un-plugged the receiver for 30 minutes (the usual remedy for lockups in the past). All appeared OK upon power-up, but when checking MyShows, it appears that all recordings (about 70 of them) are gone. The History page shows a 'deleted' message for each entry.

Any help would be appreciated.

TIA,
SteveK

SteveK2
10-06-2003, 07:56 PM
After a week and 75 views there is no one who knows how to work thru the UTV's directory or the file system itself to recover files/recordings?:(

fixn278
10-06-2003, 08:41 PM
I suppose if someone had an answer for you, they would have posted it.

Since this is primarily a Tivo forum, there are most likely a small number of UTV'ers. The number of views may be Tivo'ers expanding their horizons.

OnnieCay
10-07-2003, 05:46 PM
It is not as simple as it sounds. You can access it by booting utv and then pulling the ide cable and connecting pc ide cable. This process is documented to backup the OS (Win CE). What you can do from this point forward will require research.

Search for posts by BlueCop. He is/was trying to extract video and has discovered quite a bit about the drive/file structure, compression, etc.

SteveK2
10-08-2003, 07:29 PM
Thanks, OnnieCay. That's all I need, something to get me pointed in the right direction.
:)