PDA

View Full Version : I get an Exec format error on bootup...PLEASE help!

dualfragment
10-03-2003, 12:49 AM
Upon booting up it says /bin/bash: /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit: Exec format error

How do I go about fixing this?

dualfragment
10-03-2003, 01:12 AM
I took my drive out and placed it in my computer...in the rc.d directory, now the only files there are rc.S and rc.inet1. My rc.sysinit is gone! How do I fix this? My tivo backups were lost in a format of my comp a week ago. Is my rc.sysinit stored anywhere else?

mrblack51
10-03-2003, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by dualfragment
I took my drive out and placed it in my computer...in the rc.d directory, now the only files there are rc.S and rc.inet1. My rc.sysinit is gone! How do I fix this? My tivo backups were lost in a format of my comp a week ago. Is my rc.sysinit stored anywhere else?

um, are you sure you mounted the tivo drive properly, and are looking at the right etc dir? a boot cd's etc/rc.d will look like that. remember, if you mount your tivo drive as /mnt, the tivo's rc.d dir is under /mnt/etc/rc.d

btw, its considered poor form to post the same question on multiple message boards, just like its poor form to post the same question in multiple areas of the same board.

dualfragment
10-03-2003, 02:22 AM
ack, thanks for that part of the help...now I just have the problem of the error message on bootup

what could cause that?

dualfragment
10-03-2003, 02:29 AM
Might have fixed it...copied rc.sysinit~ over to rc.sysinit.

Just have to let it record to see if the noscramble works and I can actually view the recorded programs on the tivo.

Have no clue why that happened, was strange. I looked at my rc.sysinit file before I copied the backup over, it was completely empty.

heh I also feel very stupid about that mounting problem =/