PDA

View Full Version : dsr6k wont boot

belijerantbug
10-04-2003, 02:30 AM
I Have A Phillips 6000 ...It Was Working Fine Until I Unplugged It To Reboot, Now It Doesnt Get Past The Welcome Powering Up Screen,However Every 3 Or 4 Minutes The Screen Glitches Green For A Second And Then Just Returns To The Powering Up Screen......The Hard Dive Is Spinning...I Have Also Tryed Removing the Ribbon Cable And Reinserting It , The Cable Itself Doesnt Look To Be Damaged Or To Have Gotten Warm...I AM Wondering If This Is A Hard Drive Problem Or Possibly The Power Supply??????Will The Hard Drive Still Spin If Its A PS Problem...>

genericuser
10-04-2003, 12:37 PM
Sounds like a hard drive problem.

If it is a Western Digital drive, you can put it in your PC and do a non-destructive test on it.

Are you saying that it never leaves the Welcome, powering up screen?

Sounds like you are going to have to re-image everything.

belijerantbug
10-04-2003, 05:58 PM
The Hard Drive Is A Quantum Fireball 40 gig, And Yes It Never Gets Past The Welcome Powering Up Screen, Does This Rule Out The Ribbon Cable And Power Supply Possibility? If So I Will Give Re-imaging This Hard Drive A Shot If The Hard Drive Is Shot I Will Buy Another......Just Wanted To Narrow It Down Before I Re-image .....Thanks

GREEK
10-04-2003, 07:16 PM
Download maxtors test program and run it. It works for quantums fine. If you low level it will erase everything, try them one by one. IF you get a smart error its done. Most often stuck at welcome is a bad HD not supply, but it can be and NO situation is without exceptions so you cant say if this then this is this. It can always do something unlikely, only testing can rule each part out................

crusador
10-14-2003, 10:40 PM
welcome powering up usually does indicate a bad HD. it can also be a bad modem. however the intermitit green screen you describe almost guarantees a bad HD, known as "green screen of death". Tivo suggest that you unhook all your cables from ird except powercord and phoneline, leave ird on and all other cables disc for 24 hrs before reconnecting. during the 24 hrs the reciever will attempt to repair itself.

belijerantbug
10-17-2003, 10:08 PM
Where can i find Maxtors Test program?

tictoc2
10-17-2003, 10:14 PM
I would look at Maxtor's website:

www.maxtor.com