PDA

View Full Version : Hughs GXCEBOT sick or dead?

drarnold
10-04-2003, 01:01 PM
I have a Hughs GXCEBOT with a large hacked hard drive that has been working GREAT for a couple of months. I usually place it in standby mode when I'm not watching TV. Yesterday I tried to turn it back on after all day in standby and nothing happened!!! The power light will not come on. I checked inside and the power is getting to the fan and the hard drive, but the power light will not come on and no signal is being sent to the TV. I tried placeing the original HD back in it and got the same thing.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated including where to send it to have it repaired. I've searched the forum and it appears no one is willing ot work on these units any longer.:mad:

Thanks,

Jimmy

captain_video
10-04-2003, 04:08 PM
Check the ribbon cable between the power supply and the mainboard. The connections get dirty or don't seat properly after a while due to temperature fluctuations inside the box. Pull the cable and flip it end for end and firmly reseat it in the connectors. If that doesn't fix it then try cleaning the contacts on the cable with a pencil eraser. Check all of your other cable connections while you're at it to make sure something didn't come loose. Also check to make sure the fan connector is plugged in. If it isn't your DTivo could overheat and shut down.

drarnold
10-04-2003, 08:19 PM
Thanks to Greek's PM and captain_video's post my problem was solved. It was the ribbon cable going from the power source to the mother board.

These guys are great!!!!

Jimmy

PaGe1
10-14-2003, 09:23 PM
Ya i had the same problem THanks guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PaGe1