PDA

View Full Version : HU swap out procedure (was: Bye bye HU card)

rearviewmirror
10-06-2003, 02:33 PM
Well I finally got a new card from DTV to say good-bye to the HU. I understand with the Hughes receivers you can just hold the down arrow and power off and on and it will reset accepting the card. But what about on a Sony Sat-t60? Can I just unplug it and insert a different card? Or do I have to follow some other procedure? (BTW, I am fully subscribed DTV supporter.)

captain_video
10-06-2003, 02:43 PM
Go to the Messages & Setup menu in Tivo Central. Select the System Reset option at the bottom of the next screen and then select Restart the Receiver. You'll have to press the Tumbs Down key three times followed by the Enter key and the DTivo will reboot. If you have bash established with a serial connection all you have to do is type "reboot" at the bash prompt to reboot it.

rearviewmirror
10-06-2003, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by captain_video
Go to the Messages & Setup menu in Tivo Central. Select the System Reset option at the bottom of the next screen and then select Restart the Receiver. You'll have to press the Tumbs Down key three times followed by the Enter key and the DTivo will reboot. If you have bash established with a serial connection all you have to do is type "reboot" at the bash prompt to reboot it.

OK thanks. I guess the "hard reset" for DTiVo's is done in the software rather than some fancy button combination.

David Bought
10-06-2003, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by rearviewmirror
Well I finally got a new card from DTV to say good-bye to the HU. I understand with the Hughes receivers you can just hold the down arrow and power off and on and it will reset accepting the card. But what about on a Sony Sat-t60? Can I just unplug it and insert a different card? Or do I have to follow some other procedure? (BTW, I am fully subscribed DTV supporter.)

If your new card explicitly replaces a specific old card (you will see both card numbers in the mailer), insert the new card, then the old card, then the new card again when the unit is powered up.

If not, just insert the new card and call DTV to start service.

You do not need to reset or power down the Tivo. ISO7816 smart cards are hot pluggable.