PDA

View Full Version : "internal error 4" - Some Shows I record wont save

BuckwheatTheCat
10-09-2003, 12:25 AM
Has anyone ever encountered this before? This is really frustrating and I just about lost my trust in items I record to remain on my Tivo immediately after I stop the recording.

Series 1 Tivo; 3.0 software, 2 120GB hard drives:
While recording Game 2 of the American League Divisional Playoffs, I manually stop the recording when the game is over (Tivo, Watch Live TV, Select, Stop Current Recording). I then go into the Now Playing to watch the beginning of the game only to find the game is not listed. I then go into View Recorded History in the To Do list. I see the baseball game is listed. I select that entry only to read: "This program was not recorded because the Recorder had an internal error: 4" The red Record light was on the entire time the program aired and I could pause and rewind during the taping.

I didn't think much of it....perhaps a fluke....throughout the week I successfully record numerous other shows, all of which are fine and listed in Now Showing....

Well, while recording Game 1 of the American League Championship Playoffs tonight, I again manually stop the recording when the game is over (Tivo, Watch Live TV, Select, Stop Current Recording). I again go into the Now Playing only to find the game is AGAIN not listed. I go into View Recorded History in the To Do list. I see the baseball game is listed. I select that entry only to read: "This program was not recorded because the Recorder had an internal error: 4" Same error message a week earlier......What the F**k?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

When I go into TiVo Web and check the recording history it lists that program with an error string: Error in Update: 0x1d0005.

I'm now really nervous about recording anything on my Tivo. This has never happened before and I need to be sure the recording will be there afterwards. Please help. Thanks,

Buckwheat The Cat

BubbleLamp
10-09-2003, 01:08 AM
This error happens with "non-standard" access cards. If you are using a legit card, call Tivo.

BuckwheatTheCat
10-09-2003, 08:54 AM
It's a legitimate access card. I'll call Philips today, but I'm pretty sure my Series 1 Tivo is out of warranty.

GREEK
10-12-2003, 02:29 PM
How much time is left on the disks? I saw this before on a stock tivo that had lots of to do stuff. If your tivo is packed it may not let it keep the long show in live tv to make room for the planned tapings. Sounds weird but clearing stuff out fixed it. May be a general error log, and different problem in your case. Did you upgrade yourself and use the larger swap file choice?

BuckwheatTheCat
10-22-2003, 11:43 PM
I deleted the programming and guide data, made the daily call (which took 2 hours since everything was wiped out) and it was fine. A TiVo rep thinks it was corrupted guide data. Thanks for all the help and suggestions everyone...

BuckwheatTheCat