PDA

View Full Version : Transfering MPEG files without opening case?

purefusion
10-10-2003, 10:37 PM
I've got the ultimate receiver by rca DWD490RE. I have the extended service plan, and am going to have to send it in because the second satellite in port isn't working. However, I want to transfer the mpeg files to my computer without opening the case, or using a video capture card (because it takes so long). Is there any way to do this? And what's that USB port for?? :)

Thanks so much! -Scott

wad
10-21-2003, 10:52 AM
there currently isnt any way except to clone your drive, I have never done this but it is possible and worth a try.

Try the method of unplugging your hdd and plugging it in to your pc then use winhex to clone your drive. Then get another drive or when your scomes back from repair and see if you can clone that image to that drive. the utv should show the shows that you cloned off. What is currently not possible is to copy the shows and decode them with another mpeg-2 decoder.

wad
10-21-2003, 10:54 AM
oh ya I forgot to answer the second part.

The usb is for printers scanners keyboards etc. They are used with web tv and cannot be used to access the hdd or any other hacks.

They can calso be used to power fans and coolers as they are active with 5 volts.