PDA

View Full Version : 3.7 not rejecting P3?

irieblue
10-12-2003, 01:25 AM
I obtained a virgin UTV box to experiment with. It came with a virgin P3 card that was never in the stream. The first thing I did was pull the drive and let it upgrade to 3.7 over MSN. While I have not reconnected it to the sat stream, I was surprised that when I booted the UTV box back up with 3.7, it did not complain that the Card needed to be updated like so many other people alluded to. Granted it says that I can only record the first 10 minutes of a show.

Is it only when I reconnect it to the sat stream that it'll complain that I need a P4?

Is it possible that the UTV/3.7 tier changed and that's how the 3.7 firmware determines you need a new card?

If it is based solely on CAMID, why isn't my 3.7 box complaining that the P3 is out dated?

apn64
10-12-2003, 10:00 AM
The UTV tiers have not changed.

I believe the card accept/reject decision to be solely based on CAM_ID, so question to you is what's on the HU? ;)

wad
10-12-2003, 12:08 PM
The expected cam id is a hex value in the 3.7 image.

Its the same for all 3.7 software versions. You may not really have 3.7 and are still at 3.5. The unit may have downloaded 3.7 to the secondary drive start location but is not using it yet.

Once you connect to the stream you will see that if your card does not have a cam id higher than the minimum value you will get call ext 752.

irieblue
10-12-2003, 12:52 PM
I'm pretty sure 3.5 is **NOT** on the drive. I bought a brand new unformatted WD 80 gig drive and *replaced* the stock 40 gig drive before the unit even saw the stream. I did not stick around to watch msn update the drive to see how long it took, but the system info on my box clearly says 3.7 (factory installed) as the firmware revision.

As for the CAM ID (P3), it's pretty much un-tampered with at this moment. The key point is that it came with the box, and the box was never subscribed to dave.

I'll eventually hook the unit back up to the stream to see if it complains, (I recently moved, so I don't have the dish connected back up to try at this moment)

kodakvnf
10-15-2003, 02:35 PM
Irieblue ... keep us posted as to what happens.

David Bought
10-15-2003, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by irieblue
Is it only when I reconnect it to the sat stream that it'll complain that I need a P4?

You have not even gotten video with the outdated card. Why are you wasting our time speculating? It probably won't go 752 right now because it can only show one nag at a time.

Don't bother posting until you have taken 10 seconds of your precious life to connect it to your dish and verify your theory. What you posted was mental masturbation, nothing more.

irieblue
10-15-2003, 10:23 PM
Yep ya can always tell a TIVO Mo-Fo user can't ya.

As I mentioned it's going to be a few more days before I get the time to get the dish all aligned and snake the rg-6 around the house.

Until then it's all mental masturbation I guess...

Cycosis
10-16-2003, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by David Bought
You have not even gotten video with the outdated card. Why are you wasting our time speculating? It probably won't go 752 right now because it can only show one nag at a time.

Don't bother posting until you have taken 10 seconds of your precious life to connect it to your dish and verify your theory. What you posted was mental masturbation, nothing more.

Cough Cough " ****"

Should Add to a Post not just post to see your name.

David Bought
10-16-2003, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by Cycosis
Cough Cough " ****"

Should Add to a Post not just post to see your name.

If you really believe that, listen to what I say and then follow your own damn advice.

I'm still waiting for somebody to prove me wrong and post evidence that an unmodified 3.7 installation works with an outdated access card.

CyberJaak
10-16-2003, 08:30 PM
You guys have to put David Bought on your ignore list. Only way to remain sane on this forum.

David Bought
10-16-2003, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by CyberJaak
You guys have to put David Bought on your ignore list. Only way to remain sane on this forum.

Are you trying to crucify me because I'm right?

They did the same thing to our Lord 2003 years ago. It didn't shut him up then and it won't shut me up now. The truth will prevail. When irieblue plugs his UTV into the sat feed and sees the dreaded 752 message, you will all know that I was right. Consider it the David Bought Easter Sunday. :D

CyberJaak
10-17-2003, 10:36 PM
wow. How to be pompous. Are you french or something?

mrblack51
10-18-2003, 01:30 AM
well, if you won't listen to DB just because he is DB, then thats your choice. however, the original poster has not produced any proof that his setup actually worked with the sat connected. and, the explanation DB gave was both plausible and accurate.

klassic
10-18-2003, 07:11 PM
My Hu card worked "My Shows", with the receiver disconnected, when 3.7 first came out.
Once it was connected to the stream it went 752.

irieblue
10-20-2003, 03:09 AM
Update: I was finally able to reconnect the UTV box to the stream this weekend, and the IRD displayed the 752 nag on every channel.

**HOWEVER** I have a <service theft tool> that I had never tried before, and when I rebooted the IRD with the same HU plugged into <service theft tool>, I *did* receive a handful of channels, (HGTV, ABC,FOX..), there was however a transludent overlay at the bottom of the screen that displayed the 752, NAG, but I did receive video/audio, even after 1/2 Hour.

None of the PPV channels came through (752 Nag) but then again this a a virgin HU with no modifications, so I was surprised that I even got a few channels.

edit by mrblack51: remember, this is not a dtv hacking site. thanks

David Bought
10-20-2003, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by irieblue
Update: I was finally able to reconnect the UTV box to the stream this weekend, and the IRD displayed the 752 nag on every channel.

Gee, who would have guessed? :D

**HOWEVER** I have a <service theft tool> that I had never tried before, and when I rebooted the IRD with the same HU plugged into <service theft tool>, I *did* receive a handful of channels, (HGTV, ABC,FOX..), there was however a transludent overlay at the bottom of the screen that displayed the 752, NAG, but I did receive video/audio, even after 1/2 Hour.

None of the PPV channels came through (752 Nag) but then again this a a virgin HU with no modifications, so I was surprised that I even got a few channels

Wrong again. You either modified the card or subscribed if you are getting HGTV, ABC, or FOX.

You might want to consider purchasing one of these (http://www.teachersparadise.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=FS2361&Category_Code=e-roodec-chas-cla&Product_Count=2) to help avoid careless mistakes in the future. :D