PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Question?????

Mknnoyz
10-13-2003, 12:44 AM
Hello Im just starting out and i had my first problem. When I try and load the 25xtreme onto my drive A it gets to 99% then stops. I have tried this with a few different drives that I have. Now Im stuck dont know what else to try. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.

captain_video
10-13-2003, 08:37 AM
The instructions for installing 2.5Xtreme indicate that this is a common occurrance and is fine. You can supposedly run the DTivoMad tools manually to expand the partition (i.e. use the mfsadd command in MFS Tools 2.0 for this). Have you tried installing the drive back in your DTivo? If not, go ahead and do that and see if you can get it to boot without hanging up. It will boot twice the first time you boot because the EEPROM is getting flashed on the first boot and needs to restart when it finishes. If the DTivo finishes booting and goes through the database update you're good to go. Reinstall the drive in your PC and use MFS Tools 2.0 to expand your partitions and reclaim the rest of the drive space.

Here's a link to a tutorial (http://dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=112382&highlight=Heres+a+detailed+tutorial#post112382) that I wrote for installing 2.5Xtreme and updating to 2.5.2 or 3.1 using Superzap's upgrade. It explains the exact problem you are having. If you're new to hacking a Tivo I would suggest following the tips in my signature below.

Mknnoyz
10-17-2003, 12:35 PM
Worked like a charm thanks for all the help. Also I am wondering how can i use a drive that once had windows xp on it? Again thanks for you time.

David Bought
10-17-2003, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by Mknnoyz
Also I am wondering how can i use a drive that once had windows xp on it?

Because hard drives are fully rewritable.

Mknnoyz
10-18-2003, 12:16 AM
lol, I mean what do I have to do to the drive to make it work in the tivo.

mrblack51
10-18-2003, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by Mknnoyz
lol, I mean what do I have to do to the drive to make it work in the tivo.

restore a tivo image to it