PDA

View Full Version : Strange Problem with DSR6000

Ronnie261
10-15-2003, 01:40 AM
I don't quite know what I did wrong but, right after doing superzaps xplusz ugrade to version 2.52, I can no longer watch live tv.. it gets as far as the 100% aquiring satellite data from the boot screen, but it takes almost 15 minutes to get there, it seems to hang in around 92% for a while... once it has gotten there, I try to watch live tv, and it starts off aquiring data again from 50 % and takes another 10 mins or so to complete. This is a cycle that happens every time I try to watch Live TV... any suggestions? anyone have the cure? Please help... I'm almost turning grey trying to figure this out.... All I can think of is re-installing 25xtreme, and going through the whole works all over again.. I'd rather not if I can avoid it...

Thanks in advance,

Ron

genericuser
10-15-2003, 10:56 AM
What version were you running before you updated?
Was that version hacked?
How did you complete the 2.5.2 update? (via bash, or by having the HDs in the PC?)
Did the database rebuild during the first reboot?
Does the tivo ever switch from the acquiring signal to the live tv feed?

GREEK
10-16-2003, 12:47 AM
Dont even bother to take the chance. Reimage it and see what happens. Just leave the drive on the rack and hang it out the side of the computer, makes life easy. Sounds like something more than software problems, but if it worked before this its definitly software related unless you freid something messing with the tivo. Static is not a tivos friend, wear wrist straps............

Ronnie261
10-16-2003, 04:49 PM
Hey guys.. Problem solved with the re-image back to 25xtreme ver. 2.5, The only bummer is now I can't get my locals... So... Either I give up, and forget about local channels or... I try again to upgrade to version 2.52... I'm wondering about compatibility issues with superzaps xplusz ugrade an my box... Can't really see it being that but.... who knows right? Any suggestions or thoughts on this would be great... oh, and one other thing.. does Kravens' upgrade to 2.52 allow for locals? and if so where can I find it.
Thanks for the help...

Ron

genericuser
10-17-2003, 11:45 AM
I have gone from 2.5 to 2.5.2 using SZ's upgrade.... Twice :-) and both times it worked fine.

If you are sending the .tcl and the .tar file over the serial prot, I would suggest going to 57600 to be certain the connection is stable.

Once you get to 2.5.2 you are going to heave to clear and delete the tumbs/wishlists in order to rebuild the database to get the locals.

good luck.

GREEK
10-17-2003, 11:07 PM
I have done 100's of upgrades with 2.5 and SZ 2.5.2 and it doesnt matter what model it is. The upgrade 2.5.2 works for any other model Dtivo, just the base 2.5 should either be philips or Sony. DONT use any other upgrades, sometimes people try kravens and others together, it wont work. Use 2.5 and 2.5.2 and you'll have no problems with locals. TO ensure a solid locals, read captain videos tips. When you do 2.5 dont hook up the feeds and just boot the drive until aqcuiring sat info, then yank and go right to 2.5.2. Works like a charm and ALWAYS has locals. I leave the drive right on the rack and hang out the side, I hate using serial cable, unreliable for me and takes TOO long........

Ronnie261
10-23-2003, 08:54 PM
Thanks guys, got it all working great... now to get the locals... lol but that is a nother topic...

Thanks again, the help provided stopped me from giving my tivo a swift kick in the chips.

Ron