PDA

View Full Version : Hacked box media player question

restunit
10-18-2003, 11:56 AM
On a chipped xbox, will it play widescreen bin/cue movies in correct proportion?

I ask because a dvd player horizontally stretches most wide movies (SVCD dvd rips especially) burned on cd-r from bin/cue. Its no good like that!

smeghead
10-19-2003, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by restunit
On a chipped xbox, will it play widescreen bin/cue movies in correct proportion?

I ask because a dvd player horizontally stretches most wide movies (SVCD dvd rips especially) burned on cd-r from bin/cue. Its no good like that!

You have a number of options with XBMP (the Xbox media player). It can stretch to fit, or show as original. You can tell it do do anamorphic so it's displayed in full quality on a widescreen TV. It's pretty sweet actually :D

The only thing I haven't got it to do yet is to play movies properly at 1080i (hi def) resolution. My nirvana would be to play hi def XVIDs in full quality, full resolution. Maybe soon with either XBMP or XBMC (media center).

BTW, you don't need to "chip" your box these days - there are a number of ways of hacking it without a mod chip. Go to www.xbox-scene.com for more info.

Have fun

/smeg

restunit
10-20-2003, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by smeghead
BTW, you don't need to "chip" your box these days - there are a number of ways of hacking it without a mod chip. Go to www.xbox-scene.com for more info.

Please tell me more!

What should I look to be able to do without a chip?

MsJamie
12-26-2003, 01:46 AM
What should I look to be able to do without a chip?

Well, I had Evox running on mine, so you should be able to do pretty much anything with it.

restunit
12-26-2003, 10:52 PM
Well, I had Evox running on mine, so you should be able to do pretty much anything with it.

without a mod chip installed?

Sauron
12-29-2003, 12:23 AM
Yes, 'Non' mod chip hacks are available.

Your basic options are:

1) Use 007:Agent Under fire or Mechassult exploits to:
a) Reflash the on board TSOP with a EvoX or Executer Bios
OR
b) Use this same hack to run the EvoX dashboard, and then from there go on with life.

2) Use a Dashboard Audio or Font exploit to use the PhoenixBios loader to load a new bios into system ram. I personally havn't played with this one, so I can't give you much detail beyond that.

To do option #1a, you have to either solder or jumper using a silver conductive pen (I use this option personally) to solder two points on the board. It's VERY easy to do with the Pen and undoable as well. This is what enables write mode on the TSOP.

Like previously posted, check out Xbox-Scene, all the info is there.

|v|ar|<