PDA

View Full Version : Changing Channels on RCA

bad_andy
10-19-2003, 04:33 PM
When I try to change channels, I often get a "Searching for Signal" message that doesn't go away until I change the channels several times. It's a pretty long run to my dish, so I'm guessing that somehow sufficient voltage isn't getting all the way to the LNB to change the transponder.

Other than shortening the cable run, is there any way to correct this problem? In case you're wondering, I know that it's not the individual unit since it happens with all the RCA UTV's that I've tried.

fixn278
10-19-2003, 04:57 PM
A good quality powered multiswitch may help. Even if you don't need additional lines, the amplified signal may help.

xtwister
10-21-2003, 12:40 AM
Did you run a system test and see what the tuner strength is running at? Some channels are stronger than others and the weaker ones will cut out. If you are using a splitter instead of a multiswitch it will cause problem on many channels and cut in and out - thats what sounds like is happening to you

wad
10-21-2003, 10:45 AM
may be a lnb issue, go to the setup menu and point dish again, change from even to odd transponders. If you have issues such as no signal on odd transponders or no signal on even transponders, try first to adjust your dish, if that doesn't work, then try a new lnb, if that doesn't work may be a sign of a tuner on you utv going bad.

Hopefully its just alignment or trees or something blocking the horixontal or vertical transponder signal. keep us posted.